Honored Contributor

Re: November 2021 Bird's Nest

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello, hello, hello Heart My goodness it's good to see all of you.  

@Bird mama   I hope you will register at Proboards, "just in case," your name was mentioned there, you are missed.  I like it there, so much interaction with so many posters, everyone helpful and kind, I even have an avatar thanks to yahooey who found it and told me she thought I should have it, then helped me set it up, it is a waving mouse, suits me, lol.  The address is mentioned today in Puddles' thread Gather for the Fall Harvest in Among Friends.  I can't post the link, but it has another name plus Proboards, so not just Proboards.  I keep the link in my passwords file.

There is an among Friends where you could begin a thread as here.  There is still buzzing that next year, this board will close for good, time will tell.

Have you perused Proboards?  I believe one can do that without registering.  I still have my nic from here, and am sure you could also.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

@Bird mama 

You can't see the threads or posts until you register because it's private, but you can see the layout, which is as similar to this as they could make it (with some improvements).

Please do think about coming over Bird mama, you are missed there.  I believe you said you joined the Delphi forum instead?

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of 1 person, food and text

Hi Birding Friends,   I am so happy that the boards are open again.  I have missed y'all and hope all is good with each of you. 

I haven't been able to sign in since around the 2nd or 3rd of November and saw that others gradually were cut off too.   Only one person I know, Sweet Caroline on Puddles thread was able to communicate with us.  

I went to the Proboards a few days ago,  after trying the FB page, not for me,  and was able to sign in as I'd registered back when the boards were in jeopardy of closing.   I found Sassy's thread and saw Mousie,  Viva etc had posted.  I left a couple messages in different places, and then got a warning from my McAfee anti virus and Live safe browsing protection that the site was dangerous, virus stuff.   I got off of there as fast as I could and have been afraid to go back as I don't want any viruses on this laptop.   I don't know why it happened and don't know if they have safe browsing.   I'd love any information anyone might know about the security of the site. 

Honored Contributor

@viva923  catching up on the post about the neighbor for last week.  The old guy across the street probably made up the story about the broken bones because he was ashamed his kid got hopped up and ruined his car in the first place.  He knows what his daughter did and was probably trying to garner some sympathy for her versus judgement.  Poor guy can't have nice things because of her.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   I haven't done it yet mousie and I probably won't until they shut this community down for good.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette  tried Delphi, left Delphi.  I'd rather stay here until it's no longer possible - I'm lazy.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

May be an image of 1 person, food and text

Hi Birding Friends,   I am so happy that the boards are open again.  I have missed y'all and hope all is good with each of you. 

I haven't been able to sign in since around the 2nd or 3rd of November and saw that others gradually were cut off too.   Only one person I know, Sweet Caroline on Puddles thread was able to communicate with us.  

I went to the Proboards a few days ago,  after trying the FB page, not for me,  and was able to sign in as I'd registered back when the boards were in jeopardy of closing.   I found Sassy's thread and saw Mousie,  Viva etc had posted.  I left a couple messages in different places, and then got a warning from my McAfee anti virus and Live safe browsing protection that the site was dangerous, virus stuff.   I got off of there as fast as I could and have been afraid to go back as I don't want any viruses on this laptop.   I don't know why it happened and don't know if they have safe browsing.   I'd love any information anyone might know about the security of the site. 

@possummink 

I didn't get that message but I saw several others that did.  It seems to be the consensus that it's some sort of potential scam.  They were having some problems with their server yesterday and people were getting some weird messages and having to try to sign in twice.  

I do worry about things like that--it makes me think twice about those sites.  But then I worry about the security here too.

Glad we're back and it's good to 'see' everyone again.👍

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@geezerette  tried Delphi, left Delphi.  I'd rather stay here until it's no longer possible - I'm lazy.

@mousiegirl said she thought you had deleted your account there.  I couldn't remember if it was you or someone else.  I looked around there but it was too confusing for me.  I found the other site easier to navigate.  

But honestly, even with all the problems, I tend to like it here.  It's easiest for me.  I'm lazy too!🥱

Honored Contributor