Re: November 2021 Bird's Nest

May be an image of bird and nature

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@possummink   There are many things I don't remember however as someone who lives in a state that can get deadly cold at this time of year, furnace things tend to stick in my memory.

I understand completely about the cats and new environments.  Grayson, my eldest pigeon is fairly social and outgoing.  He's never been in another house however he does know my sister. 

Finley was 3 when she appeared on the patio after the hawk attack (at first I thought it was a cat that got her but now I think it was a hawk) and to be honest with you, she's been here for 2 years and still doesn't let me approach her and randomly pick her up like Grayson does.  She does let me give her kisses at night and in the morning and I usually trim her nails and check her beak when she and Grayson are getting ready to court - she's less likely to fight me, lol.  She's seen my sister for 2 years and will still retire upstairs when my sister comes over.  

Presto - forget about it.  This is one mama's baby and even though she is 8 years old she still looks at my sister like she's looking at the face of satan, rofl.  

I know each of these birds inside out and I've catered to their preferences since the day each arrived.  No way would I leave them or try to take them elsewhere with me.  Grayson is 12, Presto is 8 and Finley is 5.  The first two are definitely considered senior and I'd be afraid I'd give them a heart attack.

As as aside, I am so attuned to my birds bedtime routine I've left family gatherings early to settle the birds for the night.  Some of the folks think I'm a nutjob - lucky for me I've never cared what people thought.  The birds are family, the humans are relatives, there's a difference. Woman Tongue

@Bird mama LOL re your last sentence and re your sister. :

Honored Contributor

hello all

sheet day, all had to be dried in dryer, no sun today wind off ocean,damp outside, very dreary, divided up the loads to not put all heavy stuff in one load, made up 4 smaller loads. last load just finished up in the dryer.

did normal chores,did walk,not much else right now,later guys

Honored Contributor

May be an image of food, indoor and text that says '30 Novembre Ephéméride- Seasonal Calendar'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird and nature

@Bird mama 

Bernie,  I agree that our furbabies or feathered babies, even finny babies are FAMILY.    I have left gatherings also to get home to them.   They accept me as I am, regardless of how I look, dress,  etc.   They are just happy to have me with them. 

I don't have my furnace fixed yet, tomorrow afternoon is the time, as of now.   My brother invited me to come stay with them, but I didn't want to leave my kitties here alone, but I did appreciate the offer.  My 'comfy' has kept me very warm and comfortable especially for sleeping.  I am glad I did buy it when I did.   It's like sleeping in a warm toaster, if that makes any sense.  

Honored Contributor

May be an image of ‎dog and ‎text that says '‎Bye bye MOVEMBER هഥ Welcome DECEMBER The skylark's dream‎'‎‎

Respected Contributor

@possummink 

I really look forward to all your photos. I wish I could have a book with all the ones you choose. May be an image of ‎dog and ‎text that says '‎Bye bye MOVEMBER هഥ Welcome DECEMBER The skylark's dream‎'‎‎

Honored Contributor

The December Bird's Nest is up and running

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/December-2021-Bird-s-Nest/m-p/7242550#M533726

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise