Honored Contributor

Welcome Friends Old and New to the Bird's Nest for November.

31 Photos of Autumn Birds You Need to See - Birds and Blooms

31 Photos of Autumn Birds You Need to See - Birds and Blooms

Autumn Bird Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: November 2021 Bird's Nest

Viva contributed this:

hello all

Luv's so glad you are back. sorry to hear of your surgery sounds like it has really truly helped your debilatating condition. hope your recover quickly and become strong again.

not much else today

did chores, did walk,clothes hanging outside stiff breeze

last night on my walk, i came upon a skunk waddling along the roadway towards a neighbors house. i beat feet home quickly and quietly.

ok guys later

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of 1 person, child and text that says 'Good Morning pray that your day and the new MONTH ahead are BLESSED and PEACEFUL. Amen. Have ABlessedDay'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of 1 person, cat and text that says 'Hello NOVEMBER'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'May the Month of november bring you an abundance of love, the greatest of joys and never ending peace & happiness. inspired SositioelP Sesitioe soul sensations'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'and Monday Blessings'

@luvsbulldogs 

Luvs,   I am so happy to see your post and am glad you are able to be home and recovering.   Wow,  what a serious and scary ordeal you have had to go through.   I am glad the Afib went away.   You've had enough to deal with for so long,  don't need that too.   

I have been missing your posts and was really worried and concerned.  I am also glad you saw that the forums and boards will  be here , for how long???  but at least we can still keep in touch.   

I thought I saw a Junco about 2 weeks ago,  but it was only a fleeting glance and it? flew and I haven't see that bird since.   If it was a Junco, its  one of the earliest sightings here yet.   My birds have been pretty scarce  and yesterday when I went out to fill the feeders, a Sharpshin Hawk flew up from one of my feeding areas into a black walnut tree nearby.  He sat there and watched me fill the feeders for a bit, not the least intimidated by my presence,  but then he finally flew off to the woods.   

I hope you have at least been able to see your birds while recuperating.  Pretty soon your bears will be going into hibernation, I guess.   They had a bear hunting season here in Missouri for the first time in my memory.  Not happy about that!!   Let the bears do their thing and live in peace. 🐻🐾

Looking forward to reading more of your posts when you are able to do so,  take good care of you and be safe.   

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Bernie,  Thank you for our cozy November perch.   Really chilly here and I have started bringing in my houseplants,  which is a big chore for me.  Got a couplel in so far but many to go and our temps are in the 30ies at night.   

Keep warm and safe!!  🐦 🦉 💖 🍂 🍁

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @possummink 

Hello and Good Afternoon.

This has been a busy Monday so I am a little late on the Nest. Monday is always laundry day no matter what. Plus I had to get busy and get my Halloween decorations down and put away inside and outside ones. I see I need a few things to set out for Thanksgiving since all my flowers are done for now. It looks so empty out by the patio and front yard. I got the roast beef started late so we will have a little later supper tonight. After getting the carrots and potatoes peeled I had to run to the post office to mail a letter. I missed getting it out to the box this morning. Oh well, at least I got out for a little ride. All our birds seem to have flown south. I suppose my DH will want to get the feeders out pretty soon. Well, that's been my day so far.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of pigeon, outdoors and text that says 'Bon Après-Midi Midi'