Honored Contributor

Re: November 2021 Back Fence

I bet your new hairdo looks great @viva923 .  Is this the story? I googled Harrington DE Murder and this popped up.

Harrington – The Delaware State Police Homicide Unit have arrested a Harrington man after he killed his wife Sunday morning.

The incident occurred around 11:51 a.m. Sunday November 21, 2021, when Richard W. Nelson, 69, called the Kent County Emergency Operations Center (9-1-1) to report that he had killed his wife and dog. A Harrington Police Officer was first to arrive at the 100 block of E Lucky Estates Drive address and entered the residence through a partially open garage door. Upon entering, the officer observed the victim deceased on the floor in a pool of blood. The officer backed out of the residence to wait for responding troopers before further entering the residence. While waiting, Richard Nelson exited the garage and was taken into custody without incident.

When troopers and detectives re-entered the house, it was confirmed the victim, who has been identified as Sandra M. Nelson, 74 of Harrington, had been stabbed numerous times in the garage and pronounced dead by Kent County Paramedics. She was transported to the Delaware Division of Forensic Science where an autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause and manner of death.  A family dog was also located deceased in a bedroom of the house and appeared to have been stabbed to death as well.

You know, I know I should have more compassion for troubled people.  As if it wasn't bad enough that he killed his wife (he's the one who called 911 and admitted it) he killed the dog.  What could the dog have possibly done?

Hi 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I did light grocery shopping on Monday and then went to the local Menards yesterday.  I was specifically looking for 3 in 1 garage door lubricant, grip max garden gloves and some kind of pretty seasonal solar light for Mom and the boys at the pet cemetery (Ma wanted her ashes with her dog).  Boy I didn't realize Menards was like Walmart in that they state a specific store has X number of the items you want and then you get to the store and find out they got diddly squat of any of it.  Sigh.  Well, I did find solar lights I could live with, I didn't really need the lubricant and I found a better pair of gloves.

I went to the cemetery today and the sun came out this afternoon and it warmed up to 47 (not exactly tropical) and I went in the backyard and raked up the leaves.  Compared to the next 10 days of weather forecast 47 was the best temp I was gonna see and I'm glad it's done.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

that is the story birdmama, but he also killed his 20 yr old daughter, the wife is hanging on right now, have NOT LISTENED to news today (just turned on news now).

DH was running errands, he got a huge screw in the back tire,he called toyota world they said bring it in asap and they would see if they could plug or have to replace the tire. the tire is still fairly new . dh is at toyota now see what happens.

ok see ya later.

Trusted Contributor

May you all have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving !

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @viva923 @mousiegirl  And ALLWoman Happy

I'm about ready for the bed at 4:45pm  I got all the cooking and baking done. Turkey is cooked and in the fridge,stuffing is ready and so is the greenbean casserole. Now the pies are also out of the oven. I made 3 plus apple pie slices, I do need to frost them tonight. So no beddy byo for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

I'm about ready for the bed at 4:45pm  I got all the cooking and baking done. Turkey is cooked and in the fridge,stuffing is ready and so is the greenbean casserole. Now the pies are also out of the oven. I made 3 plus apple pie slices, I do need to frost them tonight. So no beddy byo for me. 

@Leeny   Happy Thanksigiving to you. Smiley Happy   I have never heard of baking three pie slices, please tell me.  All sounds delicious.  All I have done is to make the cranberries, those and stuffing is the best of the meal for me, lol, and I do eat a crispy wing, mostly crisp and hardly any meat, perfect for me.

Every day, I am deep cleaning and trying to get everything in order for Christmas, feeling the crunch now.  I will begin putting Fall decor away on Friday, and will decorate soon after.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Sorry I didn't word that quite right regarding the pie slices. What is should have said is that I made a pan of apple pie slices, a pumpkin pie and a mincemeat pie and a pecan pie. This just shows you how tired out I am. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!Woman Happy

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@Leeny   Happy Thanksigiving to you. Smiley Happy   I have never heard of baking three pie slices, please tell me.  All sounds delicious.  All I have done is to make the cranberries, those and stuffing is the best of the meal for me, lol, and I do eat a crispy wing, mostly crisp and hardly any meat, perfect for me.

Every day, I am deep cleaning and trying to get everything in order for Christmas, feeling the crunch now.  I will begin putting Fall decor away on Friday, and will decorate soon after.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Sorry I didn't word that quite right regarding the pie slices. What is should have said is that I made a pan of apple pie slices, a pumpkin pie and a mincemeat pie and a pecan pie. This just shows you how tired out I am. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!Woman Happy

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@Leeny   I am wondering how you make slices, aside from cutting from a whole pie.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

hey birdmama,

wow, i got 2 stories mixed up,both happened on same day.

one in harrington,de,and other in New Jersey. both men killed their families one man killed himself and other is in prison awaiting hearings. the guy in NJ killed his daughter, and wife,the one in delaware killed his wife/dog. what is it, holidays and people go crazy.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

I use a cookie sheet and roll out my pie crust in a rectangle. I make the apples like I do for a regular pie, I just  use more apples of course and lots of cinnamon. I roll the top out just like the bottom. I bake at 350 for about 1 hr. After it cools I put powder sugar icing on it. My family loves these over a traditional apple pie.

Thanks for asking.

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@Leeny   I am wondering how you make slices, aside from cutting from a whole pie.