Honored Contributor

Re: November 2021 Back Fence

It sure has been @hellie jo   At first I thought I did something wrong, lol.  You know, like maybe something snarky slipped out in one of my posts.

We had some pretty nice weather over the weekend (sunny and low to mid 60"s) and I was determined to not squander it.  This past Sunday I strung up the Christmas lights outside.  On Monday I got busy with the lawnmower - not much grass growth but 7 stuffed bags of leaves were bagged up.

The wind has been picking up and I'm watching the rain move in.  Outside of the windows facing east it's a bright kind of cloudy sky.  Outside of the windows facing west the sky is dark gray.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

well what do you know. I'm back too.  Maybe I'll stay this time. Thank you q techs.  

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

I had to change my pass word for some reason and that even didn't get me signed in until today. ( That was almost a week ago.) I think they were working on IT problems and they do or did have enough of those to choke a horse.

It's cold, rainy and dark here. Our front yard tree had a ton of leaves on it yesterday and now they are all down. I raked some earlier, but had to give up. Too wet and heavy. Hopefully our maintenance guy will come through with the truck to pick up leaves soon. We are in for some snow flurries tonight and tomorrow. I am afraid OLD man winter is moving in. It's dark right now. My body thinks it is bedtime. lol

Trusted Contributor

glad to be connected again with you all. Nothing much going on. We fare enjoying the nice warm days. Feeling pretty good so I might just go out tomorrow to get some Christmas shopping done. Can't even remember the last time we went to a mall,but am concerned about getting things from on line on time. 

Honored Contributor

Hey Betty @yock   Many thanks to you for posting (when you were last able) that I was having issues logging in.  Not that anyone would lose sleep if they didn't see me Woman Very Happy ... I did want folks to know that I was still among the living. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can related @Leeny   My backyard remained immaculate this week because the mulberry hadn't shed leaves in earnest yet.  Then.... rain moved in with some crazy wind that made it look like the opening scene of the Wizard of Oz and low and behold, backyard full of neighbor's leaves that blew over and front yard full of leaves from my silver maple and everyone else's leaves.  I don't get stressed about it because I traditionally clean leaves through the end of November anyway.  We're expecting a cold snap with wintry mix this weekend and if I'm lucky that should really finish off trees out front.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

did chores,did walk,ran a couple errands

rain this morn, full sunshine now.

later guys

Honored Contributor

Leeny

I had to change my password when the Q crash happened. changed it so many times could not keep up with the changes.

not much else. later all

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

It's funny where I live, which is a ranch condo complex and there are many trees. Who do you suppose gets the most?  Yup, me. I move a bunch from our stoop and part of the driveway, but they are so heavy due to the rain/snow last night. It's going to be another cold one tonight and many days ahead of us. I think one day next week it's going to get up to 49. I've got enough work to do right here in the house, it's just now I need to find that energy bunny again. lol

@Bird mama wrote:

I can related @Leeny   My backyard remained immaculate this week because the mulberry hadn't shed leaves in earnest yet.  Then.... rain moved in with some crazy wind that made it look like the opening scene of the Wizard of Oz and low and behold, backyard full of neighbor's leaves that blew over and front yard full of leaves from my silver maple and everyone else's leaves.  I don't get stressed about it because I traditionally clean leaves through the end of November anyway.  We're expecting a cold snap with wintry mix this weekend and if I'm lucky that should really finish off trees out front.

Respected Contributor

@viva923 

I sure am glad that the Q. got all the IT problems straightened out for now. I was beginning to think this forum was long gone. I have to write all my passwords down in a book by the computer or I'd never know what was what password for anything. 

@viva923 wrote:

Leeny

I had to change my password when the Q crash happened. changed it so many times could not keep up with the changes.

not much else. later all