Honored Contributor

Re: November 2020 Bird's Nest - Season of Gratitude

Honored Contributor

red squirrel sleeps in its drey . . #interiordesign #cozyplace #rustic #homedecoration

@Bird mama  and @Winifred 

Bernie and Winifred,  Fruitloop did not have a band on her legs.   I don't know if her new owner may have banded her or not.   I've seen some birds with bands on them but not doves or pigeons.   Many wild birds are caught and banded, on the legs, to track and identify migration patterns, species health,  habitat range etc. 

I have never seen a bird banded around the neck.  I can't imagine a reason for doing that.  So many things bad could happen to a bird with a band around it's neck as can happen with dogs, cats etc.   Collars can get caught on branches, fences, almost any object with a projection.  Recently there was a FB article about dogs who were playing and a collar got caught on one dog's tooth.  Not sure of the specifics but it was not a pleasant experience for the dogs or the owner trying to get the collar loose or off.    I don't collar my cats anymore.  When I did I used breakaway collars when I found them.  My dogs did wear collars but now I don't know if I'd have them on all the time.   They'd have to be on when the dogs went outside of course for leashes or overhead runs.   My property isn't fenced, too big (expensive).  

I hope those birds are ok and can survive whatever comes their way. 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Perfect tartan coat for a wee Scot. This is the mascot of Carnegie Mellon University!

Honored Contributor

Feel free to comment or ask for invites on these pins.. Thanks ❤

Respected Contributor

And there is Conrad with his Scottish coat on. Smart doggie. Raining and pretty darn chilly here. I believe this is our first rain since April. 

Hope all are well. I am a tad hungry so need to go and find something. Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

I worked in the front yard, did the gutters and then cleared the leaves on the other side of my back fence.  I share a fenceline with the school behind me and I try to keep the berm tidy.  I was so pooped I didn't know what to eat this afternoon so I had a glass of soymilk and 2 strawberry unfrosted pop tarts.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

my computer has been burpy all day. yesterday dh worked with apple to change my email account password to main email. ok done, but today no email account would open. dh has been on phone with apple most of today working with them to get the gas out of the system. i think problem has been solved, 4-5 apple people later (finally a call was handed over to a higher up)she worked with dh and got systems up and running. 

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for not posting sooner but I have been sick.  Temperature kept rising.  Had to go for blood work to see if I had an infection and all came back good except for the large loss of blood that I am still having I am anemic.  Temp. finally was normal for 3 days so I went for the Stelara infusion on Friday and all went well.  I still am bleeding a lot and spend a lot of time in the bathroom.  This darn Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis just does not want to let up. 

Weather here has been in the upper 70's and low 80's.  Unbelievable for November weather.   Our mums are spent so dumped them but still have a large pumpkin on the front porch and my Autumn wreath on the front  door.

Will have to catch up in here a little at a time. 

I hope that everyone is well!  Stay safe everyone and I will try to post when I can.  I sure do miss chatting with all of you.