Honored Contributor

Re: November 2020 Bird's Nest - Season of Gratitude

Valued Contributor

Winifried, my MIL got with her councilman & he got the trash people to pick hers up & put back.
Maybe you could call them?
If you didn't want them coming in your backyard maybe an alternative spot you could put them?.Unless It would affect you greatly taking your inside trash out.
Take care.
Honored Contributor

hey all

facial day for me, that was it for me. Did chores, folded clothes, not much else. Oh yes, did both walks. That was it.

opened up for a bit, warmed up this afternoon.

ok guys tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Piece by piece we tell the story of our greatest adventures. Slowly they take shape by the fire’s warm amber glow. It’s a time to relax and a time to imagine. Here we find joy is in the journey, not just the destination. So cozy up at home and take comfort in the simple things, because when screen time ends, the time f

Honored Contributor

Freddie @Winifred  as someone who now lives with an escapee (Finley) of the racing pigeon sport, I can say that pigeons (rock doves) are banded on either their right or left legs.  If you are seeing doves with bands on their necks all I can say is that is one stupid way to band a bird.  I removed Finley's band after watching videos on how to do it (by veterinarians).

I personally don't like the practice of banding a bird period although I know pet finches and bigger more expensive birds are banded in case they get lost - @possummink  might be able to speak to that since she lived with Fruit Loop for a time.

Based on my experiences with finches and pigeons, their legs don't gain weight or get thicker.  The rest of their body does change.  For example, when Grayson joined the flock he was young and gangly looking.

As he matured he became fuller in his neck and body.  My point is it would be like putting a collar on a puppy and never changing it out as the puppy grew - they gonna choke.

I sometimes see pigeons with bands on their legs within the groupings of feral pigeons when the flock comes to eat on my patio.  I don't know if the bird is an escapee or just roams for a meal and goes back to the aviary or coop where it is raised.

They are trained to come back because their food is restricted and people who raise these birds rely on the birds coming back because they are hungry.  I don't understand it Woman Mad

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Thanks Bernie - they are long gone now but will be back tomorrow morning.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor