Honored Contributor

Re: November 2020 Bird's Nest - Season of Gratitude

I find that if I buy eggs that are too fresh, the shells give me a problem @mousiegirl   Out of habit, when I buy refrigerated things at the store, I tend to reach all the way back to get the items with the longest expiration date which 9 times outta 10 are the freshest.  I slipped and did the same things with the eggs.  I'll be more careful with the eggs I buy for Christmas dinner.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hello all

not to much here

had a wild weather afternoon. Super duper heavy rain, much flooding, thunderstorms,tornado warnings. Now the back side of the cold front is pushing in.

did chores, morn walk, but NO afternoon walk weather to serious. Not much else.

later guys

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 

I bought an egg cooker a few years ago from QVC and I love it.   It not only does hard boiled eggs but several different other ways of cooking eggs.  What I love about it is when the timer goes off you just place the eggs in a bowl of cold water and let them sit for about 10 minutes.   Then drain the bowl and tap the hard boiled eggs a few times on their side and they peel very easily. 

It is Mark Charles Misilli egg cooker.  I checked and right now it is not available.  At the time it cost about $19.00.  Worth every cent. 

I also use to find that the fresher the egg the more difficult they were to peel. 

Honored Contributor

The December Bird's Nest is ready

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/December-2020-Bird-s-Nest-Happy-Holidays/m-p/6631790#M448...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise