Honored Contributor

November 2020 Bird's Nest - Season of Gratitude

Welcome friends old and new to the Bird's Nest

Thanksgiving seamless border frame. Birds, fruits and vegetables - pumpkin,  apples, berries, nuts, autumn leaves. Watercolor for Thanks giving day —  Stock Photo © zzzorikk #219746886

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: November 2020 Bird's Nest - Season of Gratitude

proxy-image.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

hey all

I am here, wow, almost missed it.

not much here. raining cats/dogs again. coming down pretty hard,looks like an all day-night rain ugh!!!!

chilly today. not much else. later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

just a quick check in before dinner. Just left overs.

not much else. Rain ended 2-3pm, was able to get my walk in

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant, flower and outdoor

@Bird mama 

Bernie.   Thank you for the November perch.   Hard to believe we're here in the 11th month of this year.  Very strange year for sure.  

We had sunny skies all day and a stiff north wind or breeze almost all day.  I spent part of this afternoon bringing plants in and digging what's left of my bananas.   Really bad year for them, as they didn't grow much at all.  Now I am down to 7 from 20+ plants.  I am not too upset about losing so many as they were getting hard for me to handle.  

Birds have emptied the feeders twice today so I just added some more for them,  mainly Cardinals as they are the last to leave in the evenings, and they come early in the mornings.  May go below freezing here tonight and I have a few plants to put on the front porch, covered,, and out of the wind.  I just can't do as much as I used to.  Hoping they'll hang on. 

Honored Contributor

When fall feels and cabin goals collide. Dreams do come true! 🍂 — #StayWild ?

Honored Contributor

Welcome November!

Trusted Contributor

in My yard today there were over 100 robins.  Then we got two blue jays but no cardinals.  It got quite windy and I held my breath as i watched  Merles tree go back and forth. So far so good. The paper birch at the end of the house also did its dance but is still standing.  I'll have lots of twigs to pick up tomorrow if the rain stays away.  

dumb me. I tried to edit my post but somehow moved myself to back Fence. No wonder I couldn't find it. 

sniw today so bring on Indian summer.   

Honored Contributor

Wow @Mz iMac  that mom really goes in when she feeds her babies Woman Surprised  I had to clear my throat Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

The day started out with such bright sunshine.  That lasted about an hour or so and then the dark clouds rolled in.... along with stiff winds that have been going all day, some snowflakes and a touch of hail.  I was waiting for the locusts Woman Wink

We're getting Indian Summer this week, or at least I think so.  60 degree days starting on Tuesday and I think going through Saturday.  Considering all of the leaves that have blown off the trees around me I might need 2 days to get them all up this week.  On the bright side - I should only need to do this effort once.  Of course if neighbors don't rake theirs then I may get some blown over in my front and back yards - it's expected.

Have not seen the skunk since it played possum in my front yard and the chipmunk is laying low this weekend.