and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: November 2019 Bird's Nest - Giving Thanks

I'm transferring this over from the October Bird's Nest.

@possummink   

Goodbye October Hello November Quotes Messages

Esteemed Contributor

November Month Of Love Quotes.jpgHappy November everyone as we prepare for the festivities to come! Thanks for the welcome.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Hello November, your sky is chill and drear, your leaf is red and sear. @photogridorg #photogrid  #moodboard #moodboardchallenge  #collage #byJeetje♡ #photooftheday #inspirationboard #november #fall #seasons #months #hellonovember #autumn #autumnlove #autumncozy #cozy #warm #snugasabug #love #lovelife #life #lifeisbeautiful #nature

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Welcome November Photos  #november #photos #welcome

@Bird mama 

Bernie,  Thank you for the new perch for November.    It was really cold here last night.   Got down into the 20ies.  I got all of the plants inside except for two big euphorbias and  the bananas , many of which I'd pulled or dug out and laid them on the ground, hoping it was still warm enough to prevent them from freezing. 

I just couldn't manage to cut their leaves, bag them and then haul them into the basement after doing almost all of the other plants most of the day.  I just move a lot slower and more unsteadily than I used to .   I did check on them and most of them seem ok though the leaves are droopy.   Will wait to see how they perk up, if they do.   Need to cut the leaves off of them but there's not a big rush as it's supposed to be warmer for the next few days. 

DId you get snow?  It looked like the area of Chicago and parts of Michigan, Indiana and upper Illinois got snow yesterday. 

Stay warm.   I hope Gerry is tucked in under your porch.  Haven't seen our two lately!! 

Honored Contributor

It's THIS WEEKEND! Saturday night going into Sunday, to be exact. And, like the old saying goes, we 'Spring Forward' and 'Fall Back'So ... this Sunday morn

Honored Contributor

Atemberaubende Fotos von Screech-Owl  #fotos #screech

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So much for snowmageddon, lol.  It was sunny and dry all day @possummink 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama   thanks for the new November thread!!!  Have you finished buttoning up your house and property for winter?

@possummink   after reading your post about the temperatures dipping so low I am so glad that you had your furnace going in time for the colder weather.  I sure do know what you mean about slowing down.  There just does not seem to be enough time in the day anymore.  It sure does sound like you got a lot done with your plants.  Thanks for the great photos especially the bulldogs and the piggys!!!  So cute!

@Winifred  I too think it is hairballs!  Our daughter has had several cats and they acted the same way.  She too got something to get them up.  Stay safe and please keep us posted on how you are doing!

The last two days here we reached 70 and even the nights stayed warm,  I was so tempted to turn on the AC but didn't.  Today we reached the upper 50's and tonight we are to be at around 29. I feel like I am starting to get a cold and sure do hope not because I start my infusions on Nov. 5th and you cannot have a cold or be sick!  Fingers crossed!

Waving hi to all the birders!

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text and outdoor