Re: November 2018 Bird's Nest

Image may contain: outdoor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

My two little angels, Ricky and Leah left this morning at 4 a.m. for Colorado to go to their paternal grandparents home. This has been brewing for some time and at this time I am copletely exhausted. Super angry with the agency who is suppose to take care of children. They said I had to hae them ready at 4 this morning - Leah is 3 and Ricky is 4 1/2. Why? Because th two CPS workers wanted to return to Sou Cal as soon as possible - they got their wish after putting a straing on two toddlers  Not sure the Courts will let them come back to me. Nope, have done nothing wrong broken no rules or laws but I am just old. By the way it is against the law to let age be a factor with the comfort of children - they have their ways.

The house is a disaster so can hopefully get some of that cleaned up - sure need some help. Tomorrow will be heading to  urgent Care as I am trying to come down with something - I have big time COPD and so I have to be careful

Supe windy and cold here tonight.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred,

Sending prayers of peace to you in this very touching family situation.  I know you are upset with this life changing decision, and I certainly understand your feelings of having the children ripped away from you.  

However, the facts are that you provided a stable and loving home for Ricky and Leah when they needed it most, and your energy absolutely amazed me.  

The kids will never forget the love you gave them; those children grew and thrived in your care, and you will always have the satisfying memories of the love you shared with them.  

Even with the legal decision that was made, you took on a major responsibility at an age when most women are not thinking about raising young children.   I think you received a blessing you would’ve never expected otherwise in your 80’s.   

Please keep smiling, and focus on taking care of yourself now!   My very best wishes for you.

Honored Contributor

Everyone needs a hug... animated hugs hello friend teddy bear comment good morning good day blessings greeting beautiful day

Winifred,  I am so sorry about the court's decision to send Leah and Ricky to Colorado.   It is so unfair to them and to you.   They knew wonderful love and caring from you and I know they'll hold that in their hearts always.  

I hope you get some help somehow with the house.   I sure know how that goes and need some help too, but I'll get it done some how some time.  

I hope you aren't coming down with anything like the flu.  Did you get  your shot yet?  Got mine about 3 weeks ago.  I hope you can catch up on some much needed rest also and take good care of yourself.Heart

It's snowing here, not a whole lot expected,  32 degrees tonight and 23 degrees tomorrow night.   My granddaughter is getting married on Saturday when the high will be in the 30ies and she planned an outdoor wedding.  What a dingbat.  Her gown is strapless on top of that.  I told her to wear a sweater or a jacket, but who knows.   She's put this wedding together by herself, more or less, trying to save $$.  It'll be different, but then it's their lives and if they are happy,  I am too. 

Take care of yourself and try to relax.   Stress could be aggravating the COPD.  My brother has been having a time with his breathing,  Used the concentrator and a bottle yesterday.   Better today.

Honored Contributor

blanket and coffee | Cozy home. A cup of coffee, book and blanket in a stool on front ...

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I love this!!

Honored Contributor

#sweet #piglet #poster