Image may contain: plant

Honored Contributor

Re: November 2018 Bird's Nest

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Respected Contributor

@possummink wrote:

@possummink  Oh I wish! Here it is snowing,pretty but it could have waited till December.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

@possummink wrote:

@possummink  Oh I wish! Here it is snowing,pretty but it could have waited till December.

Hellie,   We had about 6 inches of snow on top of what was still on the ground from last Friday.   It's supposed to get into the 40ies tomorrow so there'll be melting and then Saturday night another round of snow or freezing rain.  I'll pass on the freezing rain,   way too destructive, but beautiful.   Makes everything look like a crystal palace.  Used to love it but not so much any more.  

You must live a bit south of where I live, in St. Louis County,  MO.   Stay warm and safe. Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink   Actually I live in southwestern Michigan.We got about 4 inches of snow and maybe get some freezing rain tonight.We get a lot of lake effect snow from lake Michigan.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Even though I am seeing photographs and film footage of the fires in California, I can't wrap my mind around it. 

I awoke to a pretty decent covering of snow on the grass and trees and sincerely wish there was some way for me to send the precipition west. 

I was glad I did the final raking on the front yard yesterday.  7 bags of tightly packed leaves are waiting for pick up.  I had thought about sneaking in a couple of more by starting on the back yard this morning until I saw the snow.

As long as I get it done before Thanksgiving I'll be happy.

@Bird mama  The fires have made for a hazy sky this week.  I saw on the news last night the flames whipping the freeway, couldn't believe how close, and the cars were all in the farthest lane.  The air in the City where DH works is more affected, and he could smell the smoke.

I wish you could send those leaves here, not that we don't have plenty, but I need tons for mulch, got one area done already.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird

Honored Contributor

Autumn