Respected Contributor

Re: November 2018 Bird's Nest

So enjoyed the recap of the wedding Possum - just great. But then you do an excellent job with all of your contributions. I.e. love the pix of the Cardinal.

Speaking of Birds , I FINALLY got all the feeders filled yesterday about noon and I was surprised, did not see one single feathered friend show up. That is unreal. Super windy yesterday but when those feeders have been empty especially, I am inundated with flying visitors. Not so yesterday. Interesting. Just looked out and saw one pigeon out on one of the feeders in back, nothing else. Spooky quiet here this morning inside and outside.

I guess I need to check with the Vet Johnny said he took Ditty to. Have not seen Johnny in quite some time, was still hoping he would find a home for that lonesome cat of his but I guess not. Past few days they have been really cleaning out his former auto repair place - so very sad. Away having another cat is really more than I want at this time of my life but what do you do? He is an independent cat but obviously loves hanging out here and is fed super well. LOL. Best find out what shots he needs and get them taken care of. Got Miss Blackie to our Vet on Saturday and she got her annual shots AND those wicked nails of hers cut. Whew!!!

Winds have died down this morning - that is good - that Woolsey fire while not close is still scary. You just never know about Fires as to what they will do, direction they will go etc. The fire up North near Paradise was a completely fatal fire death toll 30, missing people more than 100 and almost every home/business destroyed. Some people were killed in their cars while leaving. There is also a Hill Fire in Ventura - burning like crazy. So very sad.

Veteran's Day was yesterday but I guess it is "celebrated" today. Never have agreed with changing a recognition to a day where people can take an extra day off from work. End of WWI was November 11, so leave it alone. A time for all of us to thank our Veterans - many no longer with us but recognition is still due them. Had wanted to go over to the National Cemetery yesterday but the winds got just way too strong to head in that direction. Have my parents, brother and many great friends resting there and every time I go I am so at ease when I drive through those gates. A tremendous place to relax thinking of all who are resting there. My Mother use to say she always wanted to take a chair and sit and knit while there.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

SUPER SUPER CUTE LOTS OF BABY SQUIRRELS (Eekhoorn)

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Even though I am seeing photographs and film footage of the fires in California, I can't wrap my mind around it. 

I awoke to a pretty decent covering of snow on the grass and trees and sincerely wish there was some way for me to send the precipition west. 

I was glad I did the final raking on the front yard yesterday.  7 bags of tightly packed leaves are waiting for pick up.  I had thought about sneaking in a couple of more by starting on the back yard this morning until I saw the snow.

As long as I get it done before Thanksgiving I'll be happy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Dark Eyed Junco aka snowbird

Yay!!!!  The Juncos are back here.   I put food out on the ground feeding area near the driveway and on the driveway when I refilled the hanging feeders and within a few minutes a lot of birds came to eat and I saw Juncos among them,   Made my day, that the cute bouncy Snow birds are back.   Heart