Respected Contributor

Re: November 2017 Bird's Nest - Always Thankful

Possum, as usual you manage to find such beautiful and heart rendering pictures of our four legged buddies. The pix of the Scottie - saying prayers? - was just adorable. Will drive people crazy but those Scotties are the sweetest doggies around - so heavenly and sweet. Wish I was younger as I would be out getting another one. LOL. Thanks so much for your Scotties and Cardinals - both beautiful creatures.

Ricky is playing with his IPad - he goes to his session tomorrow morning with Mahya - again Sherry bailed as she was suppose to go with us. She MUST start attending if she will have a chance at these children to be in her home but each week there seems to be some reason she cannot attend. I dread it but must just sit down with her and find out what is going on - something amiss here and it is beginning to upset me.

Another chilly day but much nicer than the past few days - thank goodness.

Got two new hummingbird feeders - am hoping these will NOT leak. They always leak and nothing is left and I have spent a fortune in finding new ones - still leak. These do not appear to be able to do that - we shall see.'

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Geez Louise, it's cold here, especially after sunset, ha ha.  I got into a conversation with a veteran after I voted this evening and it felt like my face was freezing off.  Took me an hour to thaw out.  I need to buy some cuddle dud long johns.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Fruit of an unusual form http://club.stafka.ru/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=856&p=26109#p26109

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

Well, I have some news.  We are definitely moving this time!   DH and I stopped by the house that we wanted and had bought and it seems that who ever bought it the deal fell through.  DH won out and they will be replacing the damaged carpet and also giving us the refrigerator and stove that we want.  We also now got 1 years warranty on a lot of things that we did not get before.  I guess it pays to speak up and go for it.

We started cleaning out the basement and are moving right along.  

This past Summer our former neighbor and dear friend passed away.  Yesterday we received a phone call from their son and he told us that his Mom had just passed away.  She and I were very close and dear friends. 

She had ended up in a huge house that they had built together and she did not know what to do.   DH and I now realize more than ever that it is the right time for us to move and to downsize. 

I am looking forward to seeing all the birds and wild life at the new place.   We heard that a moose passed through a few weeks ago. 

Take care everyone!!!

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

Hi everyone,

Well, I have some news.  We are definitely moving this time!   DH and I stopped by the house that we wanted and had bought and it seems that who ever bought it the deal fell through.  DH won out and they will be replacing the damaged carpet and also giving us the refrigerator and stove that we want.  We also now got 1 years warranty on a lot that we did not get before.  I guess it pays to speak up and go for it.

This past Summer our former neighbor and dear friend passed away.  Yesterday we received a phone call from their son and he told us that his Mom had just passed away.  She and I were very close and dear friends. 

She had ended up in a huge house that they had built together and she did not know what to do.   DH and I now realize more than ever that it is the right time for us to move and to downsize. 

I am looking forward to seeing all the birds and wild life at the new place.   We heard that a moose passed through a few weeks ago. 

Take care everyone!!!

@luvsbulldogs  I am glad everything worked out well for you. Smiley Happy  Are you saying that in addition to the new house, you may buy a lot?

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

Hi everyone,

Well, I have some news.  We are definitely moving this time!   DH and I stopped by the house that we wanted and had bought and it seems that who ever bought it the deal fell through.  DH won out and they will be replacing the damaged carpet and also giving us the refrigerator and stove that we want.  We also now got 1 years warranty on a lot that we did not get before.  I guess it pays to speak up and go for it.

Take care everyone!!!

@luvsbulldogs  I am glad everything worked out well for you. Smiley Happy  Are you saying that in addition to the new house, you may buy a lot?

@mousiegirl

Good catch!   I went back and edited my post.  I meant a lot of things that we had not gotten before and not a property lot.  Sorry for the mistake. 

I guess it was meant to be after all!

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs  There ya go Woman Very Happy  Things that are meant to be have a way of working out.  Congratulations.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

It was meant to be.  Congratulations. Watch out for that moose!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@luvsbulldogs  There ya go Woman Very Happy  Things that are meant to be have a way of working out.  Congratulations.

@Bird mama

You are right ....it was meant to be!  Thanks!  Now the fun begins with all the cleaning this place out and the packing.  I am definitely going to take it slowly. 

I hope that work is slowing down for you.  It sounded very hectic.  I hope that you have a day off for Veterans Day so that you can relax.  

It has gotten very cold here too.  Saw snow flurries early this morning.  Today was in the low 40's so I guess it is time to bring out a coat.

Respected Contributor

@yock wrote:

It was meant to be.  Congratulations. Watch out for that moose!

Thanks @yock.   In the 13 years that we have lived here we only saw a moose at a distance passing through.  I am looking forward to seeing one a bit closer but not too close. 

Is it cold at your place?  I hope that you and your DH are well!