Respected Contributor

Re: November 2017 Bird's Nest - Always Thankful

Thanks for answering my question about the Hawk Possum, Yep, we have the red tailed hawks here but the tail on that one I just was not sure of. They are magnificent critters but I start sweating when I see them. They will pick up a kitty or small dog in a heartbeat - I have seen them do it. I know, that is nature but not fun to see.

Little kids are doing OK NOW. Davey has helped me tremendously today - I am in shock over that but it has really helped. Will probably start heating up my "dinner" about 11 or so tomorrow as it will take a bit more than 2 hours to get the turkey heated up and then take care of the other things. We shall see.

By the way - we will be in summer temps tomorrow for Thanksgiving - figures does it not? At least 90. 

Hope all have a great Thanksgiving - I so appreciate all of you!

Honored Contributor

Thinking Of You On Thanksgiving Day

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the Nest.  I sincerely appreciate each of you and am thankful for you.  

@Winifred  90 degrees?  Dang - that's hot.  It's 33 degrees here, real feel 27 degrees (with the breeze).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

So, how did we all survive Thanksgiving?  Woman Wink  Mine was okay.  I cleared the backyard of half of the leaves yesterday afternoon.  Went to eldest niece's house for dinner.  Her in laws were out of state so it was just her family and me and middle sister.  There is a situation between eldest niece's hubs and youngest niece (can't control her mouth) so all of the family wasn't there.  I roll with it and try to keep it light and breezy Woman Happy

Best part of every day is coming home to my birds.  I never got the exterior lights up for Christmas and am not about to freeze my fingers off (can't do it with gloves on) so I think I will just skip this year.  Instead of the small tree that I put on a barstool that was covered with a Christmas tree skirt, I have a big tree (6' I think) that I bought end of season last year.  Not sure I want to squeeze it in front of the brick hearth.  

It will be interesting to see what Grayson thinks of a big tree - he's never seen one.  I'm thinking if I don't put it in front of the hearth, Grayson will be less likely to crawl into the tree cuz he's nosy, lol.

I'm watching The Big Valley right now and will probably go back into the yard and finish the leaves once Gunsmoke comes on.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

So, how did we all survive Thanksgiving?  Woman Wink  Mine was okay.  I cleared the backyard of half of the leaves yesterday afternoon.  Went to eldest niece's house for dinner.  Her in laws were out of state so it was just her family and me and middle sister.  There is a situation between eldest niece's hubs and youngest niece (can't control her mouth) so all of the family wasn't there.  I roll with it and try to keep it light and breezy Woman Happy

Best part of every day is coming home to my birds.  I never got the exterior lights up for Christmas and am not about to freeze my fingers off (can't do it with gloves on) so I think I will just skip this year.  Instead of the small tree that I put on a barstool that was covered with a Christmas tree skirt, I have a big tree (6' I think) that I bought end of season last year.  Not sure I want to squeeze it in front of the brick hearth.  

It will be interesting to see what Grayson thinks of a big tree - he's never seen one.  I'm thinking if I don't put it in front of the hearth, Grayson will be less likely to crawl into the tree cuz he's nosy, lol.

I'm watching The Big Valley right now and will probably go back into the yard and finish the leaves once Gunsmoke comes on.

@Bird mama  I am stuffed from yesterday, lol, but just ate half of a turkey and spring greens sandwich on 21 grain bread with a bit of mayo, need energy to keep at what I am doing which is beginning to take down Fall and prepare living room for tree I plan to buy at the tree lot tomorrow.  The mania is just beginning, lol, lots of hard work ahead, but fun and satisfying.

I always have my large green tree in a corner next to the fireplace, can see the fire and tree at the same time, very cozy and lovely. Smiley Happy

So much for baking in November and freezing until Christmas, didn't happen, so DD will have to begin baking when she arrives, with me jumping in when I can.

Have a great, relaxing weekend. Smiley Happy  I won't be relaxing, lol, but c'est la vie!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

Thank you for the congrats on both events.  Yes, it is exciting but a bit tiring!!! 

MY SIL caught a cold and me with the Crohns and a compromised immune system got up this morning sick.  I do not just get a normal cold it goes into other nasty things.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I do not get really sick like I did the last time.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes and I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving also!!!

Respected Contributor

@possummink

Thank you for the congrats on our new home!!!  I am excited about moving in and downsizing.  We decided to enjoy Thanksgiving and also Christmas so we are taking it slow through the Holidays.  We did decorate in under 24 hours the entire house for Christmas.  I am glad that it is all finished.  We will not be able to do a lot of decorating like we do in this house because of the size of the new house so it was fun decorating the house for Christmas for the last time here.  We will create new memories in the new house!!!

Your sweet potatoes and your fordhook lima beans with the smoked bacon sounds delicious.  I am familiar with Harrington and love their products.

I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Respected Contributor

@Puddles

Thank you Puddles!!!  I hope that you had a great thanksgiving!!!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving and also got some yard work done!!!

I love having the Christmas tree next to the brick hearth.  Nice and warm and cozy seeing both at the same time!!!

Should you decide to place the tree near the hearth be sure to get pics. of Graysons' reactions!!!

We had a nice Thanksgiving.  We had our DD and her boyfriend, and my husbands sister.  The food came out great and the company was good so it was a nice Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor