Frequent Contributor

Noticeable QVC Mark Up on Fashion Apparel

I was taken back after checking out the fashion clearance blowout that QVC is offering.

I knew there was a mark up on all items in QVC inventory, however the percentage of the mark up made me sick and I feel like a fool being sucked into paying the original price on any item in inventory.

For example-clothing by Lori Goldstein and Susan Graver, tops in particular are now offered at a bottom low clearance price of $19.99 compared to the original prices of $50.00 + dollars. Y'all have to agree that is some mark up!!!! So....from now on I'm going to wait until an item goes on clearance before purchasing, the difference from paying a full price of $30 + is not justifiable, for me at least. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Noticeable QVC Mark Up on Fashion Apparel

Tarriffs

Regular Contributor

The tariffs from China - most goods from Target, Walmart and other stores, particularly clothing are made in China. Look at the labels. QVCmay be getting a head start. These tariffs will all show up in increased cost for many items including food, cars, appliances , iPhones and on and on.

Valued Contributor

Up to this point China has eaten the cost of tariffs in order to keep their citizens employed.  QVC does not have that excuse.  I agree the prices have skyrocketed on QVC, and don't know why. 

I am not so quick to buy either!

Honored Contributor

This is the way all retail works.  Its not a QVC thing.  When I owned my own store,   jewelry mark up was 300% and that was in the 1980's.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Considering the number of Logo items on clearance and lunchtime and primetime specials, waiting to buy it on sale must be the thing to do.  Do they sell any of it when it's first presented?  It appears to not be doing well.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  I think they sell a lot on the first presentations as the hosts always say "no more orders" , "final order of the year", etc.  I have never purchased Logo and now very seldom buy any clothing from QVC where years ago  almost my entire wardrobe was QVC.  Prices, shipping and returns are too costly and sizes are not consistent.  Also, quality is way down.  Logo must be doing well as  it has so many shows.  Seems the line is on so often.

Esteemed Contributor

@nunu4u wrote:

Up to this point China has eaten the cost of tariffs in order to keep their citizens employed.  QVC does not have that excuse.  I agree the prices have skyrocketed on QVC, and don't know why. 

I am not so quick to buy either!

@nunu4u  You really need to watch the news then you will know why.  It's only going to get worse.

Honored Contributor

QVC's prices have been going up long before the tariffs.

Blame corporate greed, not the tariffs, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Of course the markup on items is enormous.  That is true of most retailers.  I can't ever remember paying "full price" for an item from QVC or for that matter any other retailer.  I have never been desparate enough to do so.  There are always sales and IMO this has nothing to do with the "tariffs."  It has been going on for decades.