Esteemed Contributor

I haven’t had to return an item to QVC in awhile. Yesterday I received a jacket that I needed to return. I put it in a box and pulled out my packing tape, the brand I’ve used for years. I have three different tapes of the same brand. They were all lousy! It was impossible to get any of them to work right. Have you had similar annoying experiences?

Honored Contributor

Re: Not important, yet annoying

I've had more annoying experiences in my life than simple, easy ones.  My life is annoying.

Trusted Contributor

@Vivian : I know what you mean. There is one clear packing tape that looks just like another, same brand, but so thin it too easily sticks to itself and anything else it even comes close to.  I watch which one I pick up now. 

Honored Contributor

My frustration is trying to hold the box closed  with one hand and while trying to get the packing tape on with my other hand, it twists and the tape sticks to itself and tangles.

So, I have to cut it off and start all over.

I swear I waste as much packing tape as I actually use.

And then when I finally get it taped up, nice and secure, I realize I forgot to put the return packing slip inside.........sigh.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

My frustration is trying to hold the box closed  with one hand and while trying to get the packing tape on with my other hand, it twists and the tape sticks to itself and tangles.

And then when I finally get it taped up, nice and secure, I realize I forgot to put the return packing slip inside.........sigh.

I can't tell you how many times I've done that.

Has anyone of you tape challenged ever tried one of those one-handed tape tools?  I had them at work and now use one at home.  Easiest thing ever.  Rolls the tape right on and the perforated edge cuts it right off.  Easy as pie.

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom I’ve had the same experience with packing. Lol! The worst is when you have to reopen the package to put in the return form. We may have technology now, but things like tape, clothes, appliances (you name it) aren’t made well anymore. It makes life a lot harder when everything is made like junk now, and constantly breaking. Keep your sense of humor, it’s all we have to get through the annoying moments in life which seem to come more frequently now. 😊

Respected Contributor

Yes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use duct tape for everything, that way I never run out of having a specific type of tape. I have even used it for Band-Aids, they are great if you want to protect your heels from blisters from walking/running shoes. 

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I use duct tape for everything, that way I never run out of having a specific type of tape. I have even used it for Band-Aids, they are great if you want to protect your heels from blisters from walking/running shoes. 

_______

Great idea!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum 

Duct tape is also great for removing warts, believe it or not, LOL!

Just keep the wart covered with duct tape for a couple of weeks and it falls off.

And my Dr. told me this to get rid of a wart on DD's knee!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.