Respected Contributor

Re: Not being productive...just can't seem to get going!

Turn off the the distractions, make a list of what you really want to get done & break it into smaller tasks you can do everyday. I make a list of must dos for the next day before I go to bed & stick to it...once you get a routine in place you'll find everything is easier & you'll feel better. I'm pretty lucky because there hasn't been any break in my routine, I volunteered  before the virus & I'm volunteering now. Be kind to yourself & be well @Starpolisher.

Respected Contributor

@Starpolisherdon't worry about it.  You'll get to it in due time.  Don't measure yourself against others, do what feels right for you.  Yesterday was our first nice sunny warm day in about 7 months.  I did nothing.  Sat in my backyard and drank.  It was one of the best days I've had in a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Starpolisher 

There is nothing wrong with you!

First, STOP comparing yourself to everyone else!

Second, set a goal to do just one thing each day.

It can be something small, like doing the dishes, or laundry, or sweeping and moping the kitchen.

That's what I do, then that way, it doesn't seem quite so overwhelming.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Maybe if you could find something you WANT to do.  I'm not cooking any more than I have to.  I'm not cleaning or purging because those are things I don't like to do and mostly only do when hubby is not around to mess it all up again.  I just spent the morning working in the yard because that is what I want to do.  And when I'm done with that for the day I'll go back to tracking dead relatives.  The TV is just background noise for me. 

There was a cute Meme I saw the other day that talked about all those things I planned to do when I found the time I discovered I really didn't want to do.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm now the same.

In the beginning of our lockdown, everyday I cleaned, whether it be a closet, pantry, drawers, etc.  I cleaned all my good jewelry, I was really getting into this.  I ironed all my tops for when I returned to my job in a jewelry store.  I would look so put together!  Woman Tongue

As the weeks wore on, I became less and less productive.  Ugh, I have to vacuum - I can do it later.  Later, oh I can do it tomorrow, etc., etc.

I'm eating breakfast at noon, dinner at 7:30p.  Not a good habit.  

Our lockdown will hopefully be concluding around May 15th or so.  Hoping I can return to my part time job.

Esteemed Contributor

After all these years of saying if I just had time...all this could get done.

Guessing time wasn't the problem.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 wrote:

@Starpolisher Today is one of those days for me.  Do you know what I'm doing right now?  I'm lounging in bed with my computer at 12:41 pm and have yet to get dressed. 

My days go up and down a lot.  I get depressed easily. I have to tell myself if I can do at least one productive thing, that's okay .

@Starpolisher :

q

Your day is exactly how mine is going.... not bragging but have managed to drink all the coffee and eat 2 meals,  so I am on a roll.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

After all these years of saying if I just had time...all this could get done.

Guessing time wasn't the problem.

@hopi 

No truer words. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

You are not alone @Starpolisher . My mind has come up with many projects but my body has done only a fraction of them. One thing I figured out is that I'll procrastinate on inside projects in favor of outside ones. This only pertains to Spring and Fall because I don't like heat or extreme cold. Today I spent 2 hours trimming a tree line. Since I worry about ticks, I then showered and did laundry. It's now lunchtime and I still have to clean house and plan dinner. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can relate.  Tomorrow is always the busiest day of my week!  Monday is the second busiest day.