Honored Contributor

Not Too Sure I Like Ordering From Walmart

I ordered some items from walmart since I work.  I added some items like scotch tape I would have picked up for Christmas.

I got a bag on the front porch that night.  A week later I have just gotten a box delivered by the post office, and I also have to go to the back of our walmart for a pickup which can be a pain since often I have to search for an associate.

I wish it had just come in one box.  At least the smaller common items like tape could have been in that first bag brought to the porch.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Not Too Sure I Like Ordering From Walmart

@ECBG wrote:

I ordered some items from walmart since I work.  I added some items like scotch tape I would have picked up for Christmas.

I got a bag on the front porch that night.  A week later I have just gotten a box delivered by the post office, and I also have to go to the back of our walmart for a pickup which can be a pain since often I have to search for an associate.

I wish it had just come in one box.  At least the smaller common items like tape could have been in that first bag brought to the porch.  

Some items are listed for pick up only.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I like the curbside grocery pick up and picking up from the automatic kiosk in the front of the store,but if I have to go all the way to the back of the store and wait for an associate I will just get it somewhere else.

Respected Contributor

I rarely shop at WalMart and I can count on 2 fingers the number of times I've ordered from their website.

Got a couple jackets last week, keeping 1 want to return 2.  To my surprise, I can't return at store.  What a PITA I have to box up and take to a Fed Ex Shipping store.

I know this is a first world problem, but not a problem I will ever take on again. No more WalMart on line shopping for me.

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I rarely shop at WalMart and I can count on 2 fingers the number of times I've ordered from their website.

Got a couple jackets last week, keeping 1 want to return 2.  To my surprise, I can't return at store.  What a PITA I have to box up and take to a Fed Ex Shipping store.

I know this is a first world problem, but not a problem I will ever take on again. No more WalMart on line shopping for me.

@scatcat 

Not returning to the store is quite surprising!

Respected Contributor

I've been ordering some staples from Walmart.  If it says 2-day delivery I always get it in two days.  I haven't had any problem. I haven't ordered anything in over a month, so who knows how it is with the Christmas rush though.

I did have a plastic grocery bag on my porch one day and thought one of my friends was surprising me with something.  It was two jars of peanut butter I ordered, and the rest of the order came the next day in a box.  I didn't quite understand that one lol

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

As a frequent customer of online ordering from Wal-Mart, I urge you to be careful about what you wish for with their packaging!   

My very first order was packaged nicely and I was so pleased, thinking how easy was that?  2nd order okay.   And then the problem packages started coming; dented cans because the box was full, and nothing was used to pad and separate the items inside.   I ordered multiple boxes of Glade candles; all stuck in one box with a 3 pack of Heinz ketchup, no packing material, and of course I had broken candles.   The biggest mess yet was a 3 pack of Hellman's mayo, thrown into a box with canned items and dish detergent, again with no packing material, and no sealed bag for the liquid soap.   The cans were dented; one of the mayo jars was split open and what wasn't covered in mayo, had dish soap on it!   

Yes, I complained and got some money refunded, but I also left a really bad review about the half- ***ed employees they had filling orders in the warehouse.  I was sure some of my canned stuff was coming from a damaged bin to start with, but someone wasn't using any common sense about what was being packaged together!   I put my dissatisfaction out there bold and plain.

I still order large amounts of dog food from them, but have started ordering more thru Sams Club, and so far so good.   

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

@scatcat 

Not returning to the store is quite surprising!

@ECBG   @scatcat   If you can't return it to the store, then it was a third party seller selling the item, not Walmart.  Walmart has lots of third party sellers on their website.  It will say somewhere under the description who it's sold by.

Anything sold by Walmart can be returned to Walmart.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@RedTop 

Very interesting.

Do you have a Sams Club in town and get deliveries?

Please explain.  

The only mailing I had from them was a gold necklace for a pendant being made for my DIL.  They didn't have it in our Sams location.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

I am an hour away from Sams Club, so I place an online order for canned, boxed items and they are sent to me, delivered by FedEx.   I get free shipping with a Plus account, and most things arrive within 2-5 days.  

I shop in person for most groceries, but buy larger sizes of staples (cereal, condiments, peanut butter, etc) thru WM or Sams at cheaper prices than my IGA.