Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not Too Sure I Like Ordering From Walmart

The last time I was in Walmart was in April, and when I left the store I vowed to not go back again during this pandemic, and I haven't. I considered ordering groceries from them once, but after reading all the issues that people were having, I decided to save my sanity! I go to my local grocer once a week and get what I need with no hassle - I've been doing this for over 8 months, and I go to Sam's maybe once a month. If something needs to be ordered, DH takes care of it via Amazon or I order from a few of my trusted sites, none of which are Walmart!

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Last year I had a few problems with packing, but complained and boxes were then packed very well, liquid caps sealed after my complaint.  The CS rep said she would contact the fulfillment center where my orders were sent.  Obviously, she did.  

However, instead of packing everything in one box, more recently, Walmart has been sending items separately or a few in a box.  I wonder if their fulfillment centers are running out of products, so they search their database for fullfillment centers that have what I ordered.  That might be the reason they are coming separately. 

That might change when the influx of orders die down after Covid-19.  

@Foxxee   I had paper towels sent from one state and toilet paper from another. I did not care. I was so glad to get it. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I don't like ordering from Walmart any more.  Too much is shipped by a third vendor, I think it's called "world market."  Been told too many times that if I ordered from a third vendor/world market, that it can be returned to the store.  But it can't  I guess that's why there is a Fed Ex right next to returns in the Walmart store.  They'll print up a label and send me over there.  

You have to look really carefully to see where they mark it sold and fulfilled (something like that) by Walmart.  The third party vendors can be terrible.  Walmart should dump some of them.  I only buy from Walmart now.

Trusted Contributor

I've had zero issues with both types of Walmart orders. The online grocery and curbside pickup process has been wonderful, and when I order something from their website (non-grocery) I just make sure to select only products that are sold and fulfilled by Walmart -- you can see this on the left side of the page where other vendors are listed as you shop (and sometimes the product description will also indicate it's coming from another source).