Super Contributor

Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you.   At this time all of our lives have changed and we are facing so many unknowns.   It is natural to be afraid but remember we have each other.   Please take care of yourself.

My best to you, Tallgal

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

Sorry things are getting tougher for you. As one many call an "exercise nut(among other things)", try to get back into your "exercises". For many of us that is a relief valve, and does produce some good endorphins.

Being an optimist most of my adult life, I focus on only the good things in life, especially during the toughest of times. I haven't read any of the other posts yet, but I know there are many of your friends here that will offer you suggestions to help you get through this.

Sending you my very best,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not Doing Well At All

[ Edited ]

You have signs of depression, and it is definitely related to this unthinkable crisis.

If you feel you can't get a handle on it please use telehealth available through most insurance companies. You can even see a therapist, and just pay your usual co-pay.

Please talk to us here on the boards. Talk about what you fear, and what you are feeling that will help. We are all in this together, so do not fear judgement. Plus this is an anonymous board, so just pour your heart out.

I edited this to add a few things I think will help all of us. I am working from home, so I get up everyday and do my same routine I put on makeup do my hair just like I do when I go to the office. I think having a routine is important.

I also think it is important to get outside and take a walk. I take a walk everyday, and it helps. There are a lot of people out doing the same thing, so I practice social distancing, but seeing other people is actually good for us we don't feel so isolated.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

Women, Wonderous Women! – Different Truths

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Google NAMI website.  Great information on coping.  Specifically, click on their link for the COVID resource guide.

Esteemed Contributor

It's ok not to feel like yourself, to sleep and not do what you usually do for a little while. If it goes on and on please talk to someone. Take care of yourself  and take it one day at a time. God bless you. 🙏

Honored Contributor

TURN OFF THE NEWS! Nobody could not be crying if you watch the national news.

First of all, having worked with them many many years, they will blow up anything. Not to say this isn't terrible, but they find every sensational point about anything and milk it for all it's worth.

Read headlines somewhere online and don't think about it the rest of the day.  Think "I'm having a lazy day at home to do whatever I want" and do something you want!  

Call someone who is a friend and see how they are doing!  Inquire about how they are, try to cheer them up and it will work wonders for you!  Write someone a note and mail it.  Curl up with a cup of tea and a magazine and enjoy pretty pictures and doze a while!  Get in the sunshine!

Watch a favorite movie.  RELAX!  RELAX! RELAX!

Honored Contributor

I have cried a few times during all of this. It is ok to cry and it helps with the stress.

At first I slept later than I normally sleep and had no energy to get anything done. I sat around most of the day glued to the news about this virus!

Now though I am doing much better. You will be ok too.

Give yourself a break and allow yourself to just do what you feel like and not doing what you dont.

That is what I did, at first I did feel guilty for not doing anything!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These  sites  are   helpful:

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/coronavirus-anxietytm

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/5-ways-to-manage-stress-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

@CherryHugs @Krimpette 

Listed some helpful information for you.

Hopefully when you find a way to calm yourself you will want to continue to do it everyday regardless of how good you feel. Then it will become a healthy habit.