Honored Contributor

I'm finding myself unmotivated and depressed too.  I think it's the heat and the inability to get out and work in the yard.  It's just too hot and humid just walking outside saps your strength and makes you star sweating almost immediately.  And then, almost all the news is totally depressing, Covid-19, riots, hate, hate, and more hate.  

Valued Contributor

I find it helps if you do something for someone else. Today I thought I cannot be aimless all day. So I decided to make three trays of Baked Ziti. I made a tray for each of my married sons and their families and one for us. My husband and I then dropped them off this afternoon and had a short visit with them. All in all it was a great day!

Honored Contributor

Re: Not Doing Well At All

[ Edited ]

I too suffer from severe depression and don't speak of my personal being on this board for reasons I'll keep to myself..

I go outside, sit in the sunshine, cry like a baby and pray.. walk around outside with my dog and pray.. listen to whatever music makes me happy, watch all sorts of videos that make me happy, keep two Christmas trees going all the time (both are my beloved University of Tennessee trees, one being athletic and the other strictly for the Pride of the southland marching band- anything, anything to get my mind back on track and say to hail with the fear!!

I also had a great chat with my Doctor, she let me cry and get so much off my chest and along with that went most of my fear and the not knowing..  I, on occasion, will take something for anxiety but haven't needed it in quite the while...  

All of this flat out suxs and all we can do is live our lives the best we can, even in these times..  Cry, open your heart and laugh- get out in the sunshine, take in deep breaths and see what a difference.  Don't be afraid to go out, slap on your mask and go out.. I don't go very many places but I do get out and don't have anxiety attacks..  I've had two since this started and swore to my heavenly Father I couldn't let that happen again..

Best wishes to each and everyone one of us... we hold hands together and go forward!!  Heart

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

@Suziepeach 

Your post made me tearful....and I'm sorry each and every person here feels anxious or sad or lonely.

Seems like our world has gone upside down.

I have one sister who is an RN in NJ and I worry endlessly about her...and miss her terribly.

You are right, sometimes crying helps.

I want to be a positive person, but it is difficult some days.

Sending a hug.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Suziepeach 

Your post made me tearful....and I'm sorry each and every person here feels anxious or sad or lonely.

Seems like our world has gone upside down.

I have one sister who is an RN in NJ and I worry endlessly about her...and miss her terribly.

You are right, sometimes crying helps.

I want to be a positive person, but it is difficult some days.

Sending a hug.

@Witchy Woman   Your sweet sister is a hero and please, please tell her that from another former medical person.  Angels they are, true angels for what they do and for what they completely give of themselves..  Heart

When I feel anxiety creeping up, I get up and just move around or do anything.  Thinking can some times be our worse enemy- think of something else, you can make yourself as I speak from experience.. I refuse to go there again!!!  Crying, to me, is the cleansing or our souls & worries...  Music is (excuse the pun) is music to my ears, heart and head. @dooBdoo will agree, fire up something you like, like my Rockytop, and that pretty much does the trick and open your heart to experience anything other than doom and gloom.. even when it's hard, I try to make positivity out of it..  I've been to that dark place and with God's help and me, I brought myself out..

Sorry get me started and I am a rambler.. and huge hugs back to you and everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Image result for Biggest Hug GIF

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

For everyone..... one of my favorites!!

Please bop around to the music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbyjaUJWWmk

Go VOLS
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suziepeach 

The picture you sent is so perfect.  Sending everyone one of THOSE big hugs.

Yes, being in the medical field is so frightening these days.  Whatever your part, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I am blessed to remain healthy, but still worry all the time.  My mother worried, and I think it is genetic Cat LOL

Right after I typed your note, I got up to clean my bathrooms!  Love music and cleaning helps me stay focused on the task at hand.

Another rambler here....would love to sit and ramble with you!

God bless!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Suziepeach 

The picture you sent is so perfect.  Sending everyone one of THOSE big hugs.

Yes, being in the medical field is so frightening these days.  Whatever your part, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I am blessed to remain healthy, but still worry all the time.  My mother worried, and I think it is genetic Cat LOL

Right after I typed your note, I got up to clean my bathrooms!  Love music and cleaning helps me stay focused on the task at hand.

Another rambler here....would love to sit and ramble with you!

God bless!

@Witchy Woman great minds clean together- I did toilets, LOL .. awhhh the scent of Lysol listening to Club Nouveau, hahahaha  

I haven't worked since 1997, I am a former mammographer and worked at Piedmont Hospital, Atlanta.  I think so often of those that are working during all of this, knowing darn well what goes through their minds.  May they all stay safe and healthy!!!

I can see your mom being worried- that's only natural..  Us moms, well worry is built in..

Off to see the wizard, hubby just got home with new microwave, ours is on its way out.. poor thing has done a great job for many years..

God Bless and hugs...... glad you liked that!!!

Go VOLS
Contributor
If you have an animal,it helps. Light some candles get out your favorite coffee or tea cup. Put table cloth on the table,and make it your special day. I know your struggle,very well.im not depressed but,its alot to take in. I quit watching the news. I bake and order xmas catalogs! Plan a theme fir the holidays,and know,you are loved!
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@rms1954 I don't have any words of wisdom....as this drags on, I am struggling a bit, too.  Just wanted to say I hope you are feeling better these days.   🌷

You're kind.  No words of wisdom needed.  Just having nice people like you means more to me.  I go up and down.  It's a roller coaster.  I'm sorry that you're sturggling too.  The best thing is getting caring responses, even if it's here on the forums.  I have no close friends and my family is distant and they don't care.  

So I'll be thinking of you as the days continue.  Transparent Red Ladybug Clipart - Lady Bug On The Flower Cartoon ...

@rms1954 

That is the most ADORABLE ladybug! She's so sweet and charming. I hope she makes you grin like she's doing to me.

This thread is chock-full of truly loving posts from all the lovely posters here who have shared an inspiring range of guidance. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.