Super Contributor

Awwww......... and that is okay.....  Don't be so hard on yourself about 

this.   Think of it as taking a recharge.   A cleansing.   Sometimes we 

need to do those things.   Sleep in until noon or later...... cry...... do 

nothing.   There is a lot going on these days.  This is a great place 

to go to vent.   I dont know if you are familiar iwth Pinterest.   It 

is my go to place on finding great ideas for self care and inspiration.

Perhaps you have a list of little things in your head that help to 

make you feel better.   Something you wanted to do at home

a project, even a cleaning project can help to make you feel

better.   Take time to take care of you...... and if that meants giving 

yourself a break from your daily routine...... that is OK !   I wish you 

the best...... Sending you a Hug.

@rms1954 wrote:

Today.  I thought I was doing OK for a couple weeks now, but yesterday I slept until noon.  So not like me.  I haven't been able to bring myself to do my daily exercises for four days now.  And I've been crying all day.  I can't stop.  I don't know why or what to do.  I can't stand it much longer.  

I just don't know how to deal with it any more.  

Respected Contributor

You poor thing.  Are you able to get out at all, for a walk or a drive?  These are things we can do outside our homes.  Can you sit outside in the sun?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I was like that several days ago.  The constant worry and anxiety can really do a number on our mental well being. 

I can understand how seriously depressed people feel.  For days I didn't really get dressed, or do anything other than eat, read, go online or watch TV. 

After a several days I told myself that if I can do one  significant positive thing that needed to be done each day then I wouldn't let myself feel so bad.  It could be cleaning out a cabinet, or doing some laundry. 

Today I cleaned the living room & dining room.  Yesterday I got caught up on bills.  Tomorrow I will find something else to accomplish.  Not exciting stuff but things that need to be done. Even if I only spend one hour doing it out of 24.

I'm trying not to watch or read the news too much which is constantly negative!  I've been trying watch just enough so I am informed...after a certain point it just gets me down too much.

I try to find interesting movies and watch comedy....laughter and escaping for a short while helps to take my mind off of the depressing events.

Do things to make you happy!  Talk to family & friends.  Watch something that makes you feel good and stop watching too much news.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 

Please tell your doctor he may prescribe something for you.

Meanwhile ,remember, "This too shall pass".....

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry.  If you are having nice weather, now would be a wonderful time to go out on the deck with a cup of tea and some cheese on a cracker.  Listen to the little birds and walk around the yard to see what has come up and beginning to sprout.  The trees are flowering here.

You may see your squirrel and rabbits playing.Smiley Happy

senior woman having tea - Tealridge Retirement Community

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 : I don't know if this will help but my daughter sent me a link to a Glennon Doyle. My daughter is also struggling and wanted me to understand a bit of what's going on with her daily. She lives elsewhere.

It's an interview Oprah had with her. I didn't realize that's where it came from since all I saw was her.

oprahs interview with Glennon-Doyle-Melton.

I'm not struggling, as of now, but found her very interesting.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954, I think that what you are experiencing is not out of the norm given what's happened to our world. The unknown and the loss of control can be devastating.

If others' advice here doesn't get enough relief, do contact your doctor. There is help available.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 I'm sorry you're not feeling well today.  I must admit I have felt on overload.  Everything takes so much more time.  I got a Freshly food delivery the other day.  Opened it outside, took the food out and put it inside, then immediately took the box to the trash.  Come inside, hand washing.  Just multiply that times everything that has to be done.  

Big effort to get set up to work from home.  I just feel like my brain is buzzing all the time. Hoping that I can relax this weekend.  I have groceries and can stay inside.  

I will say when I was at the grocery store last week, I felt like I would cry.  To see the people trying to keep the shelves stocked just made me feel sad. I hope you have some better days.   

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry you're having a problem. No doubt many others are too. This may not be good advice, but sometimes I think how difficult it must be for doctors, nurses, hospital housekeeping staff and all on the front lines of this health crisis and I realize how lucky I am. Although I'm not happy my husband is deemed an essential worker, I know he's taking social distancing precautions. 

Super Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@rms1954 I hear ya!  I thought I was handling it pretty well, but I find myself doing a lot of nothing.  The first couple weeks I didn't mind so much...time at home, get things done.  But now it's forced time at home and some anxiety to boot. 

I have no advice. Just good wishes for you and everyone who is having a hard time dealing with it. 

Maybe less news and more Pandora. 

Be well, stay safe. 

Maybe less news and more Pandora. Boy, that says it all! My BF listens too much and gets depressed, and he's still working! I keep telling him, he has to change his attitude. The more he listens the worse he gets! I don't listen to anything, just movies, movies, movies. I do like knowing, no one, cable, electric, house payments, etc will not be penalizing anyone, so we are all good to go when this is over. Be positive and hang in there!