Respected Contributor

25F450E5-FB4E-42A0-ADF2-B70BE1E3ABC7.jpeg

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of snow days. I am seeing and talking to so many of my neighbors. Without cars on the road, it seems like many of the neighbors are taking walks with their kids and dogs.

When it snows everyone is outside shoveling. So we catch up with one another. And make sure the older neighbors are taken care of. In a way we are all doing the same thing now. Whenever we go to a store we ask neighbors if they want anything at the store.

Tonight we are ordering dinner. It was a special of 4 dinners. We only needed 3 dinners. So we are giving the extra dinner to our neighbor. I can't wait to get it. It looks so good.

I am getting my car inspected next week. I didn't think I could but they are allowed to be open as long as I don't stay in the place. So I am glad that things can get done. 

Maybe you can think of things you would like to do and try and do it. A sense of accomplishment makes me happy.

Esteemed Contributor

Sending hugs ~

a71851065cce61f6229758e9c85feac1.jpg

Super Contributor

Re: Not Doing Well At All

[ Edited ]

I think I'm somewhat of an old soul, as I like things from my mom's era, old movies, and old songs. My grandma used to watch Lawrence Welk, when I was little, so I watched too. At times, I'll watch it now.

There was a song called, "Dream" by The Pied Pipers. The words stuck in my mind, my entire life, including today. The words from this song, got me through some tough times I experience periodically, and thought there was no hope. The words are: "Things never are as bad as they seem, so dream, dream, dream."

If anyone gets a chance to listen, and you like old music, this song may lift your spirits, as it has always done for me.

play here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLLEc-Xh068

Honored Contributor

Please find a professional to talk to the world right now is a very difficult place, there are a few online services that work very well.

Please turn off the news it is very depressing to watch

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@ Tangocash - Old soul here, too.  I used to watch Lawence Welk with my grandmother,  I remember that song. It's a nice song to listen to now.  We liked Guy and Ralna, I think her name was.  Nice memory.  

Esteemed Contributor

forellenkarishma.jpg

Super Contributor

Did you play the song? I have a link on my post...

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

@ Tangocash - Old soul here, too.  I used to watch Lawence Welk with my grandmother,  I remember that song. It's a nice song to listen to now.  We liked Guy and Ralna, I think her name was.  Nice memory.  

Honored Contributor

Oh @rms1954 . Yes, sounds like you're taking it all badly. I stopped watching news reports and looked for old episodes of Golden Girls...anything to get my mind from spinning. I know everything must seem gloomy. There are online people to speak to/help you and 800 numbers w/ therapists on call. You see @rms1954, it's so difficult for enough people, they needed to set up a national support system, so don't beat yourself up about this. Give it a day or two and if you haven't perked up a bit, why not try to contact someone at these numbers to help you through. Good for you, though. The first big step was coming here and talking to us. We're here if you feel like talking some more. I check in almost every day. Just page @Shanus. 🌸

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry you are feeling like this lately, @rms1954 

You've received some good advice here already.  I hope I'm not overstepping but be sure to call a hotline, too, if you are not getting any support at home.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.