Honored Contributor

Today.  I thought I was doing OK for a couple weeks now, but yesterday I slept until noon.  So not like me.  I haven't been able to bring myself to do my daily exercises for four days now.  And I've been crying all day.  I can't stop.  I don't know why or what to do.  I can't stand it much longer.  

I just don't know how to deal with it any more.  

Respected Contributor

Hang in there, you will get through this. Not to sound cliche, but we're all in this together. And you are among friends here.

Honored Contributor

These are obvious signs of depression.  I'm assuming you are worried about the virus.  Do you have a sympathetic friend you can unload on, at least you have us on the board.  Normally I would suggest seeking out a therapist of some sort, but with this stay home stuff going on, I hesitate to. Of course I don't know your financial situation.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 I hear ya!  I thought I was handling it pretty well, but I find myself doing a lot of nothing.  The first couple weeks I didn't mind so much...time at home, get things done.  But now it's forced time at home and some anxiety to boot. 

I have no advice. Just good wishes for you and everyone who is having a hard time dealing with it. 

Maybe less news and more Pandora. 

Be well, stay safe. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

I'm sorry to hear that you're not doing well.  I think with this situation, people are just wanting things to get back to normal as quickly as possible.  As with anything new, it takes time.  Sometimes we have to take "inventory" of how we're feeling and regroup.  Your body may be seeking rest as a coping mechanism, so it may not feel like being pushed to exercise right now.  

Is there something small that can bring you joy now, like a picture of a dapper orange tuxedo kitty?Heart

Is there something at home, like curling up with a good book, having a piece of chocolate, watching a favorite movie, or calling a friend that may help lift your spirits today?  

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 I am sorry you are having such a difficult time.  It is easy to become overwhelmed with the nonstop 24 hour a day coverage.

I have been getting some tasks done that I have put off.  Like you, I am tempted to stop exercising but I am strongly resisting that urge because it makes me sleep better.  I hope you try to get back into the exercise.  Try some yoga, pilates or whatever you like to do.  There are many many choices on youtube.

If you do keep up the exercise, give yourself a treat every now and then for doing it.

Sending positive thoughts your way.  Come back to post and tell us how you are doing.  LM

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 

Big cyber hugs to you!  If, like me, you are watching too much news, please take a break from it.  Do you have any books you enjoy?  I got out some of my favorite young adult books, ones I kept from my childhood, to re read.  

Are there any old movies or tv shows you liked that you can watch online?  I love to watch some old shows like Andy Griffith.  

I sometimes just enjoy reading the threads where posters tell  what they are doing for the day or cooking for the day.  Helps me feel a bit more normal when I know others are going about their daily routine.

If your weather allows, can you get out for just a bit and get some fresh air?  Of course, please maintain your social distancing.  I go out for my walk early in the morning and this has helped me so much.  Or maybe even sit by a window and feel the warmth of the sunshine.  

I hope you will feel better soon!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

it's  good that you came on here and shared your feelings. i hope that you are able to either come here often and reach out, or maybe in addition to that you might have a trusted friend or family member that could act as a sounding board?  my experience has always been that it feels better once i vocalize and get stuff out in the open.  

i wish you well.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Today.  I thought I was doing OK for a couple weeks now, but yesterday I slept until noon.  So not like me.  I haven't been able to bring myself to do my daily exercises for four days now.  And I've been crying all day.  I can't stop.  I don't know why or what to do.  I can't stand it much longer.  

I just don't know how to deal with it any more.  

I'm so sorry you are struggling. We can't be there for you, but we can be Here to listen. Do you like to read ?  If you do , find a nice story and lose yourself for awhile.   Take care of yourself. 🌷💐🌷

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@rms1954   I am so sorry you're having such a hard time.  It sounds like you're becoming very depressed.  Have you thought about calling your doctor?  He/she may be doing phone consultations instead of office visits right now.  She may prescribe an antidepressant.  They have helped many people, me included.  It does take a week or two to get in your system and start working though.  I hope you're taking as good care of yourself as you can.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau