Respected Contributor

No wonder people are exhausted on Mondays

When I worked, on weekends  I would mow and trim an acre of grass, get my laundry done, get my shopping done, clean up the house, cook food for dogs for the week, weed my flower area.  No wonder people are exhausted and grumpy on Mondays - I really don't know how I got everything done that it takes me a entire week to get done now.   Now I know why I was completely stressed out all of the time.  I never had a break.  Retirement is so wonderful!

Honored Contributor

Re: No wonder people are exhausted on Mondays

Amen, sister!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes! Retirement is wonderful. On weekends years ago, I used to prepare all the meals for the week so that I could just take the food from freezer to oven as soon as I got home from work. When I walked into the house, the first thing I did...even before pouring myself a glass of wine...was to preheat the oven and start the wash. My life was very regimented, especially when my kids were home. It's a good thing I was young in those days. When I think back on all the errands, kids' lessons, cooking & cleaning I did while working full-time outside the home, I don't know how I did it.

Honored Contributor

I was much more organized and motivated when I worked.  Now I am just lazy!!

Respected Contributor

yeah i kind of figured that out about halfway through my work life.  so i decided to pile a few chores into already busy weekdays so that i could pretty much devote the weekends to "want to" type activities.  obviously there were certain things that had to be dealt with on Sat or Sun, but pretty much i added"have-to's" onto my weekday "to do" lists. it made life a little easier and a lot more pleasant.

Respected Contributor

So true. What you describe has been life for at least 10 years with no end in sight. And I'm not a mother yet. I'm telling myself to enjoy this now because it will just get harder even though it will be priceless.

Women are incredible. We really move the world but don't get the credit we deserve. I'm the one that has to keep tabs on so many things in the house, with my husband etc. that never occur to him but are so important. Whenever we leave the house, I have to make sure we have everything we need while getting ready and making sure our lovebird is all set while we're out.  He's not even thinking about those things. 

So we have so much more on our plate and I'm sure even though a woman is retired, she will still need to address many of these things like forever LOL.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have so many friends and coworkers who are busy the whole weekend long - dinners, shows, Disneyland, beaches, soccer games.. you name it. I'm always shocked when I hear all the things they managed to do, and still get to work on Monday mornings in clean clothes.  I don't know how they do it.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

When I worked, on weekends  I would mow and trim an acre of grass, get my laundry done, get my shopping done, clean up the house, cook food for dogs for the week, weed my flower area.  No wonder people are exhausted and grumpy on Mondays - I really don't know how I got everything done that it takes me a entire week to get done now.   Now I know why I was completely stressed out all of the time.  I never had a break.  Retirement is so wonderful!

________

Ha, ha, ha!  I know what you mean.  I don't know how I had time to work! 

Respected Contributor

When I was working, there were many, many times that my weekend was only Saturday. Sometimes only Saturday afternoon & evening if my flight home Friday night was delayed or canceled. And then I'd often have to be on a flight out on Sunday afternoon to get where I was going for an early meeting on Monday. I loved what I was doing, but that did wear on me after a while. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

When you are young and energetic you can get alot accomplished on the weekend, be exhausted on Monday and do it all over again. LOL