Honored Contributor

No wonder everyone in town is overweight

First stop was the bank, we were handed two bags of cheese popcorn that they are giving out all week.  Usually its just on Friday.  They also have gourmet coffee and occasionally a tray of cookies.  Then we went to the dentist.  Every fall the employees make their best fall recipes for one week, yesterday it was pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting and pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes.  I phoned with praise when I got home and they are mailing me the recipes. Even our tax preparer has a tray of cookies on hand.  The doctor's office seems the only place to avoid temptation.  

Regular Contributor

Re: No wonder everyone in town is overweight

WOW!  What state do you live in?  We do not have that type of "friendliness" here in the Northern Virginia/Washington, DC area (at least i have never experienced companies/dentists doing that).  I may not want the treats, but I think the gesture is lovely!  ENJOY!

Respected Contributor

If it bothers you just say no thank you. No one is forcing you to eat.

Honored Contributor

Just because the food is there doesn't mean anyone has to eat it. The dentist is serving sweets? That's kind-of an oxymoron. Strange.

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor

@ID2 - I guess the dentist wants to make sure his/her patients return.  Serving the sweets creates cavities!  HAHAHHA

Honored Contributor

My dentist just as a mini fridge with complimentary bottles of water, no treats.  The bank only as suckers that match their logo color.  Nothing Bundt Cake always are trying to push their samples but I just refuse them and any others I run across over the holiday season.  I want my calories on my own terms and at home while relaxing. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I'm not shy about where I live, somewhere in the woods of the great state of Michigan Upper Peninsula.  

Honored Contributor

Well, our bank has donuts on Saturdays!  Sometimes it makes weekend errands not so unpleasant, sometimes it's just a great.

On Friday they give little bags of popcorn.  The bank smells so good and seems to make the Friday line you sometimes have a little better.  They always have little containers full of dum dums--sometimes I get one--as does a nice pizza place in OKC.

Got a lime hard candy last night and a Mexican restaurant has those too.  They are GOOD!

No treats at doc's office--will have to speak to him about that!  You get a toothbrush and little tube of paste at the dentists--I'd rather have a cookie.   Oh and floss. . . you get floss.  WHOOP! 

Respected Contributor

Everyone in town is overweight, of course they're not & no one has to eat what's offered, it's just a thoughtful gesture. I live outside a small friendly town & no business does handouts like that so count yourself lucky & enjoy or pass.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

First stop was the bank, we were handed two bags of cheese popcorn that they are giving out all week.  Usually its just on Friday.  They also have gourmet coffee and occasionally a tray of cookies.  Then we went to the dentist.  Every fall the employees make their best fall recipes for one week, yesterday it was pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting and pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes.  I phoned with praise when I got home and they are mailing me the recipes. Even our tax preparer has a tray of cookies on hand.  The doctor's office seems the only place to avoid temptation.  

@depglass  Next time you do your errands, skip breakfast! Freebies

all the way!!!Woman LOL

All I ever get from my dentist is a free toothbrush or bad news, Lucky You!