Honored Contributor

Re: No wonder everyone in town is overweight

We always have a choice.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Neither one of us will take food where we do not know how it is prepared. Because of certain health restrications if I will be away from home for a few hours I carry my own food. Also our car has snacks in a cooler.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

That is something that we have not ever had in our town Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I always pass on anything/everything home made.

Commercially packaged only.

Years and years and years ago, in office settings, we weren't allowed to have food and drinks on our desks. 

Kept all paperwork clean and crisp, etc.

So, true.   I don't eat any homemade foods unless I know the person very, very well.  Years ago, our office stopped having parties where people brought foods from home.  We all missed it but we all understood the wisdom of it.  Food in the office has to be commercially prepared and the box must be sealed when it comes into the office.  

Respected Contributor

Agree with the previous poster who said growing up in the 60s, it was highly unusual to see an overweight child. If there was an overweight kid in my class, he stood out due to being the only one. 

We had healthy meals, everything was cooked from scratch by our SAHMs. We didnt snack all day because when we weren’t in school or helping Mom with some chores,we were playing outside. Never had soda in the house, seldom had any cookies, cakes, etc. Did have graham crackers sometimes and ice cream occasionally (which was considered a treat) but due to having a large family, that stuff had to be portioned out and didn’t go very far.

Dh and I were looking at some of his old elem school class photos recently and talking about this exact topic. It was very noticeable that there is a real difference between our generation in grade school and today’s students.

Trusted Contributor

Planet Fitness has Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays.  That never made sense to me.

Honored Contributor

Banks, car dealers and even our hardware store have treats out. Never saw anything at the dentist, but they have a small waiting room with only one table. I figure it's a nice gesture and no one is forcing us to sample the treats.