Honored Contributor

Re: No thank you for wedding gift....

We went to a wedding on Memorial Day Weekend 2017 and never got a thank you for the check, they couple had a baby this past April and I did receive a note on Fb thanking my for the gifts

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

"Entitled"? Who said that?  People are preoccupied, busy with themselves and don't think about others. Don't you see this everyday you walk out of the house? No one is paying attention. They are all in their heads.

Respected Contributor

Most people don't send cards anymore, they do a blanket Thank You on FB with pictures...cards are considered a waste of money, paper & damaging to the environment. I use to get oodles of Christmas cards, now it's email & FB. Like it or not, that's the way it is.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie  Your comment made me smile (gifting a book on etiquette).  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I'd get indignant over it enough to say anything and force someone's hand to thank you. It is what it is. Just let it go. 

Esteemed Contributor

I went to a wedding in January & gave a very generous gift.I still haven't received a thank you.

I sent a very generous check to my friends daughter who got married out of town 5 months ago.I haven't gotten a thank you for that either.

This is a pet peeve of mine. I think it's unappreciative & rude to not send timely thank you notes.

In fact I just had a discussion with my son & his fiancé about this very topic. We are all on the same page in that they made a commitment to send their thank you notes out within 6-8 weeks. 

Regular Contributor

Attended a cousin's wedding five years ago and still no thank you.  They now have four kids.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

The next time I am invited to something for them, my gift will be a book on manners and how to address envelopes.

haha.gif

*taking notes from Carmie*

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perhaps when sending a gift, include a "thank you" SASE card.  Seriously!

I do think it's inexcusable that people, whatever their age, do not acknowledge a gift.  DH send a sizable check to his godson for his wedding in April.  No thank you.  But we know the check was cashed.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, very common these days! When both of my daughters got married, I told them both that their Thank-yous needed to be in the mail within 3 months of their wedding date and they were...

That is ridiculous 6 months later and you still haven't received one. It is most unfortunate and just plain bad manners. Your husband should mention it to his cousin and see what she has to say about it...