Respected Contributor
Lost power yesterday at noon. High winds downed wire in Pittsburgh hopefully back up soon. 28 degrees tonight. Hope the get it back on soon.
Esteemed Contributor

Goodness, I feel for you.  Hope you have a way to keep warm.  Our low tonight is about that, but I have a furnace and electric blanket.  Maybe it will be fixed soon.

Honored Contributor

Oh, that’s terrible ! We had some high wind gusts, but all I got was a bumper crop of pine cones in my front yard. We were lucky. I hope you get your power back soon. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Glad we have a standby generator. I worry less now about the occasional ice storms. 

Esteemed Contributor

The winds howled all night in NYS and I expected to hear the generator come on at some point during the sleeping hours.  But......not even the flicker of one light bulb during the day either.  Very lucky here.

Trusted Contributor

@lynnie61 hope you get your power back on soon. I live in the area of the Allegheny County Airport. Winds were clocked yesterday at 61 mph. We live on top of a hill and all day yesterday it sounded like a freight train was coming up my driveway. Couldn't sleep last night because it was so noisy. I can't remember any time in my life that we had such high, sustained wind for so long a period of time. Luckily, we never lost power. Try to stay warm, and hopefully you'll have power soon. Sending good thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

In NE IN we had wind gusts as high as 64mph. Where we live power lines are underground and we have no trees in our yard. Our house does back up to some woods. Luckily we didn’t lose power from any lines that feed into our underground power.

Honored Contributor

I'm in MA and we had incredibly strong winds today.  The wind took trees and signs and chimneys down.  We had March winds in February.

Esteemed Contributor

I am in Nova Scotia.  The same thing is going on here til Thursday.  LM

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone. My power is back on.  It came on at 1230 am so just over 36 hours.  I have never lost power for more than a few hours. I don’t recall wind gusts 60 mph + for that long of a period either. Alomost 24 hours.  

@NEvans2 my sister lives right near Allegheny airport. They were fortunate and didn’t lose power. I could have stayed there Sunday and Monday.  She is the best sister ever!!!