Honored Contributor

No kids at my door for Halloween

So,   not one costumed, giggling kid came to my door last night---I live in an apartment now,  with a ton of kids too. Have to say--am a little disappointed---have a bowl full of candy that is calling my name as I type!!!:womanwink  guess it could be a good thing in this day and age too-----  

Respected Contributor

Re: No kids at my door for Halloween

I got a lot of kids last night and gave out a huge amount of candy.  It was really nice seeing all the kids so excited and dressed up.  Glad to see a little normalcy again.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I did not participate in Halloween this year.  It was so nice not to have the dogs going nuts each time the doorbell rang. I think I will continue to "NOT DO" Halloween from now on.

Honored Contributor

My worst nightmare is running out of Halloween candy.  In 2019, we had two kids (Better-Half walked down the street and found two little girls and asked them to come to the house to get candy.  In retrospect, this was probably not the best idea.)

In 2020, there were none.

This year I was conservative.  I bought only 60 full-size bars from Costco.  They were gone in 90 minutes and kids were still coming.

I had to turn off the scary music and call it a night.  BH and I took the dog out for his evening walk and we did some recon.  How many kids, what neighborhoods were busy, how were they coming in.

Looks like they were being driven into neighborhoods and dropped off to score big.

So my worst nightmare -- after all these years of having enough candy -- finally came true.

But what does this all mean?

It means the pandemic, according to Albuquerque kids, is over.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Our neighbors went all out this year. The neighbor across the street had a table set up. They had green and purple lights around the table and scary music playing. The neighbor next door had a fire pit going and also scary music and numerous blow up decorations. Every one up and down the street had decorated their house. It really looked so nice.

AND we had 5 kids come and trick or treat.

Respected Contributor

We had lots of costumed kids thank goodness we had plenty of candy.  Tiny tots to teenagers.

It was great to see them all - they started coming around 5 p.m. and continued up until around 8 p.m.  great fun.

Respected Contributor

I ran out of candy.  There were many kids out as it was a pleasant day.  I had 2 large bags of candy and ran out in 2 hours. 

Some years I had almost no one ringing my bell so this was quite a change.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I ran out of candy.  There were many kids out as it was a pleasant day.  I had 2 large bags of candy and ran out in 2 hours. 

Some years I had almost no one ringing my bell so this was quite a change.

Wish I could have helped you out.

We bought a 8 pound bag of assorted Hershey candy. It had Reese's, Rolo, Kit Kat, Whoopers and Heath. We thought they were all winners so that is why we bought the bag.

We now have about 7.5 pounds of candy. Glad we picked the candy we like.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I did not participate in Halloween this year.  It was so nice not to have the dogs going nuts each time the doorbell rang. I think I will continue to "NOT DO" Halloween from now on.

ITA.  Lots of little ones on my block and decorated houses, biggger than Christmas decorations, but did not see anyone walking the street passing my house and no one came to door.

Usually even if you keep house dark, they still ring door bell, even with tape over it.  

I did buy candy a small bag, just in case.

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl    No kids here either....just the usual 5 stray cats that stop by each night.   😽