Trusted Contributor

Re: No hair or nail salons open! Help!!

@Jinlei wrote:

People are dying and there are humans that are worried about their nails and hair?  I have heard everything now.  Some people's priorities are just dumb.

@Jinlei Do you think people talking about hair color is causing more people to die? I'm going to paint m nails tonight. Should I not do that?

You took the time to post on this site while people are dying? Where are your priorities? 

Trusted Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

People are dying and there are humans that are worried about their nails and hair?  I have heard everything now.  Some people's priorities are just dumb.

@Jinlei Do you think people talking about hair color is causing more people to die? I'm going to paint m nails tonight. Should I not do that?

You took the time to post on this site while people are dying? Where are your

Why don't you take a chill pill lady?  You misinterpreted what I was trying to say.  But, hey you keep grooving out paint your nails baby!

Esteemed Contributor

@Financialgrl : I remember the Flowbee (about 30 years ago, when my son was a toddler, I bought one!).

Honored Contributor

I'm too afraid to cut my hair.  So I just let it grow.  Almost past my shoulders now.  Longest I've had it in years.  The only thing I cut is my bangs.  And now they're crooked. But it grows in to my eyes, then I cut them again.  So they cycle continues.....

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Aren't we all on home shelter-in-place?

Who will see you anyway?

If only the rest of the world had such small concerns...

The most important person will see you in the mirror YOU! I know when I look good I feel better, so lighten up wanting to look good does not minimize the horror of this situation.
Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

When ppl young and old are dieing,ppl out of work,including myself,with no income coming in you are worried about your hair and nails?lady wake up!you must be one of the fortunate 1 who has pd vacation,sick days,or can work from home. Quite whinning!

Believe it or not we are capable of understanding the gravity of this dire situation, and feeling compassion for others, while wishing we could have our hair and nails done.

Respected Contributor

Invest in a wig from QVC.

Get a mitpachat, any scarf, or a Boho Bandeau ,or scunci, or head coverings.

Or ask a friend to cut or trim your hair and then decide if they are still a friend.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jinlei wrote:

NO. I do not think it is a matter of a person's priorities, it is more of a matter of an individual wanting to look and feel like themselves. They want to feel comfortable within their own skin and still have themselves facing the outside window as they want to appear.

It sounds silly but a priority is still the issue of toilet paper and that does not mean people are dumb.

People do CARE about the virus and what is happening around them and that is still their priority.

The other things are part of what they consider essential.

However I do think your post was a matter of just sarcasm.

Trusted Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

NO. I do not think it is a matter of a person's priorities, it is more of a matter of an individual wanting to look and feel like themselves. They want to feel comfortable within their own skin and still have themselves facing the outside window as they want to appear.

It sounds silly but a priority is still the issue of toilet paper and that does not mean people are dumb.

People do CARE about the virus and what is happening around them and that is still their priority.

The other things are part of what they consider essential.

However I do think your post was a matter of just sarcasm.

Don't give a fig what people do anymore.  If you want a manicure get it, if you want to color your hair, do it.  Like I said, do not give a flip.  See you at the salon!