Valued Contributor

Re: No Turkey for Thanksgiving

Honestly, still trying to decide.  I always thought I would be unable to live without the traditional turkey but now find at 62 some of my best Thanksgivings have been spent with friends where we've shared an array of pot lock items.  Although there was always ham and turkey everything else was up for grabs and oh so delicious.  Never assigned a dish just brought what each would like, often a new recipe.  Now that we've moved it really doesn't seem to matter.  I have done ham or prime rib.  Although this year my little 5 yo grand has begun telling me how she LOVES the turkey.  I thinks it's more the songs she is learning in kindergarten.  As long as we spend it together, who cares.  Happy Thanksgiving to all....

Respected Contributor

No, we will not be having turkey.  We are thankful for whatever food is on the table and our family makes a point during Thanksgiving dinner of each person at the table expressing something they are thankful for. It's a tradition I'd like to see at more Thanksgiving tables. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm doing a turkey breast with all the trimmings. I think I'm going to make Alberti's parmesan garlic mashed potatoes for something different.

Honored Contributor

We are having Turkey and Ham, and of course all of the trimmings.....For Christmas we usually have Ham, and Chicken for our meats......I wouldn't mind Turkey for both holidays, I love Turkey.......

Valued Contributor

Never care for Turkey.Grill salmon, and chicken.Mixed greens(turnips&Mustard greens) ,homemade cornbread dressing,for dessert strawberry,blueberry,blackberry smoothies.

Respected Contributor

We are having stuffed pick chops.

Esteemed Contributor

We love the Thanksgiving meal of turkey, stuffing, etc so much that we do it all again at Christmas!  Our favorite meal!

Honored Contributor

@GRACIE wrote:

Never care for Turkey.Grill salmon, and chicken.Mixed greens(turnips&Mustard greens) ,homemade cornbread dressing,for dessert strawberry,blueberry,blackberry smoothies.

Oh Grilled Salmon sounds so good.......Might have to think about that for Hubby and Our Christmas Day Dinner...We celebrate with my family on Christmas Eve, and Salmon would be too expensive, there are about 30 adults and 5 kids...So it definitely sounds good for Christmas Day! Your whole menu sounds delicious!