Respected Contributor

No Surprise Here, But Saddened

As individuals expand their circle of connections and are asked to social distance, we leave much up to to honesty and responsibility.  Reports of individuals crowding pool parties, bars, and hairdressers exposed and symptomatic going to work and the gym do not surprise, even though we are still early in our efforts to get all up and running.  The integrity of individuals is key in shrinking the circle of Covid cases.  

Here in these foruma we have discussed parents bringing obviously sick kids to school, dosing them with Tylenol so they won't display a fever.  This is a bigger picture, same issue.

We request people wear masks to benefit others.  Opportunities exist to help others but many won't consider.

Super Contributor

Re: No Surprise Here, But Saddened

We live in a selfish culture.

Honored Contributor

We hear a lot about freedom, but little about the responsibility that goes with it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

We all must protect ourselves from each other....and that may mean staying home when so many idiots refuse to stay out of people's personal space, wear a mask when required, or even stay home when they are sick. We are continuing to stay at home unless required to go out; a grocery pickup or pharmacy, and dr appointment that can't be done via telemedicine. We are both seniors, but so many younger people have contracted this horrible virus and become deathly ill, no one can be sure they will not get it...but so many are both selfish and clueless.
Contributor

I just saw on the news that thousands of people showed up for a race in Alamance County. They were packed into the bleechers like sardines and not wearing masks. One lady who was there with her child and husband said she was there because she was tired of staying at home and she was not afraid of the virus at all. I just wonder how many of those people  are going to come down with this virus and pass it on to others. There cannot be progress made when so many are determined to set us back to square 1.

Respected Contributor

Freedom?

I never had a "right" to do something that could injure the health of my neighbors, so I wear a mask. 

Trusted Contributor

I just can't believe how so many can put such a low value on their lives and others.

Respected Contributor

@BaileyQ 

That would be a newsworthy revelation/investigation.  How many of these party people come down ill.....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok. So there is no real proof that any of the measures that are being taken can prevent the spread of anything. A cold. The flu. Or Covid 19. 

And, honestly, putting a mask over your face after you have touched everything (All of the things, including your face while you are putting the mask on.) isn't going to stop you from spreading germs. 

If you know that you have any illness, it is wise to stay home. 

But, we can not stop living our lives because of fear.

If you believe that a mask protects you & or other people. Wear one.

Wash your hands every chance that you get.

If you see someone out & they are not wearing a mask do not approach them. Stay away from them. You take care of you in the way that you choose to.

You know what helps no one. Calling others idiots.. calling people names, because you believe something, because you think that you are right, it serves no purpose. 

You can explain why you feel that way that you feel & you may change someone's mind. You may not. Call them an idiot...what have you done? 

Trusted Contributor

@BaileyQ : What about her child being exposed to that with no say so. That is so sad