Honored Contributor

Re: @NickNack How are you doing now?

Thank you very much @PamfromCT  and @on the bay .  I appreciate you both.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

From DH's experience, the hard work was done by the ablation doc....8 hours total: 5 to get all the wonky electrical misfirings and then followed by 3 hours to prepare and insert the pacemaker / defibrillator.  DH was home the next morning feeling tired but good.

Whenever I hear of ablation procedure not working, I wonder if it was because they did not  get all the problem areas.  DH was thoroughly tested and the doctor reviewed with us where all the trouble spots were....and they were all over the place, hence the 5 hours.

DH wrote a thank you letter to the ablation doctor for dedicating those 8 hours to his case.  It made an impact on the doctor.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@NickNack   I do hope you get your cardiology appt. ASAP. Keep us up to date and so good to hear from you. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am happy you gave us an update. I have been wondering about you but thought you would let us know when you were ready. I am sorry that you are struggling with health issues. Hopefully, when you see the cardiologist you will get a resolution. Wishing you the best. Take care. Keep us informed because your posts are never too long. Hope Ava and Henry are doing good.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack ...I just had a moment,  and saw your post.  I'm glad you took the time to get back to us here...we're all so concerned.   I appreciate the detailed info you share.  I know your going to be helped now, so it's great your seeing drs and the issues will be addressed before any further problems.   That said, I'm still saddened that your dealing with all this.  Health matters sure take a toll on us.   Please keep me updated any time you feel like talking 🙂.  GET WELL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack1 

Sending you hugs 🤗, and holding you in the Light.

Around 3 years ago my Dad, who is 95, got a pacemaker, and while I know this is not what you had planned, he says it made a great difference in how he feels.

Please stay in touch, and give Henry and Ava hugs from me. ♥️

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

I feel so bad for you.  It's very helpful you purchased your watch that has helped alert you to some possibilities.  I'm glad you're taking all precautions & continuing to see your PCP.  Have you been able to get an appt. with a cardiologist yet?  I wish you all the best with your health.  I'm sending you prayers & (((comfort hugs))) so you know many of us are concerned & care about you.  Heart

I hope Sweet Ava & Handsome Henry are still being Angels & showing you their love.    Heart

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@NickNack 

I feel so bad for you.  It's very helpful you purchased your watch that has helped alert you to some possibilities.  I'm glad you're taking all precautions & continuing to see your PCP.  Have you been able to get an appt. with a cardiologist yet?  I wish you all the best with your health.  I'm sending you prayers & (((comfort hugs))) so you know many of us are concerned & care about you.  Heart

I hope Sweet Ava & Handsome Henry are still being Angels & showing you their love.    Heart

Thank you @sceniccoast .  My PCP's nurse told me that my doctor faxed the referral to the cardiologist last Tuesday, which was the day of my appointment.  She said there was a note that the cardiologist required ten days to process the referral.  Ten days is today, Friday, April 1, unless they're counting business days.

My PCP told me to let them know if I hadn't heard about the appointment in two weeks, which will be Tuesday.  I'm really hoping to hear today.  I don't know what I'd do without Ava and Henry.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Hi @NickNack I just wanted to say best wishes on getting some more conclusive answers to your health issues.  You've been through a lot already.  I know how unsettling the not knowing can be.  Your post caught my eye when you mentioned PVC's.  I get them also.  They are annoying! 

My condition is Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.  It's genetic, I've had it since birth, but believe it or not I was just diagnosed 4 years ago by an urgent care doc who picked up a heart murmur while I was in for a severe head cold.  I ended up with a cardiologist who finally explained what a unique condition Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy is and said if I ever needed complex care for it I'd need a cardio center specialized in it.  I took that as a tip to find one now, before it's urgent.  Fortunately, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy has it's own Association (who knew?!) and they have an accreditation program for health centers.  I have one about two hours from me and have had 2 visits so far.  By far the most informative, helpful hours I've ever spent with medical professionals.  Each visit the doctor and or his PA spent a total of 1.5 hours with me!  Mostly talking, explaining test results, etc. 

I've had dozens of ECG's over the years for pre-op testing for other things.  Never showed anything of concern.  Since diagnosis, I've had a few echo cardiograms, a cardiac MRI and a stress test, all very informative to the doctors. 

I guess my point for rambling on is hang in there, work through the discovery process and tests and I truly hope you find out more soon and can get some relief for your heart issues too.

Take care Smiley Wink

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

Just now catching up with your response and all the information, @NickNack .   Hoping like you, that you will hear today or SOONEST.  You are beloved here.  Keeping you in prayer, and hugs to you, and vital support team members, Henry and Ava, among others.