Honored Contributor

Nope--not a fan of NYE--will stay put----

Honored Contributor

@BostonMommy 

Kingston hates fireworks too, so we'll be doing the same....with the TV/music jacked up to help cover the sound of the loud explosions, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

Re: New years eve

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@BostonMommy 

Kingston hates fireworks too, so we'll be doing the same....with the TV/music jacked up to help cover the sound of the loud explosions, LOL!

@KingstonsMom

Exactly! I hope Kingston and you will be okay. They don't understand and their hearing is much more sensitive than ours.

Our Boston's hearts start pounding. We have to hold them tight and if we get up they stick to us like glue. I'll probbly go to bed before midnight watch tv there. Pups feel a little safer under the covers, smack next to me

Regular Contributor

My office is open until 3:00.  After that, my husband and I will go out for an extremely early dinner and then he'll be going off to work.  On New Year's Day we will have our traditional Christmas Breakfast, postponed from last week because we'd had entirely too much food in previous days, of home made biscuits with sausage gravy.

Honored Contributor

Champagne and little fancy snacks husband picked up in the grocery store. Haven't checked them out yet, hopefully they will be good. Probably find a good movie on Netflix or Prime.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   During the day I'll be finishing a painting and maybe making a big pot of minestrone for the freezer.

No parties (for years) or big plans for us. Probably will put something on the grill...still be in the 60's here. I love watching Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper...so funny together. It's been awhile since I've made it until midnight.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   Yes, the kids around us like to toss those noisy "pop bombs". We need to crate Molly from 11PM-1AM. She isn't scared, but starts barking her head off.

Honored Contributor
Work
Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Very quiet, just like any other night, though I'm sure there will be plenty of fire works going off to help me not stay asleep.

Yes, I'll spend the evening trying to convince my scardy-cat dog that it really is safe for him to go out in the backyard and pee.   Took him a month to get over the Fourth of July. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

SO and I have never been fans of NYE and treat it just like any other evening!  We always refer to it as amateur  night since that is when so many who never really go out appear and act ridiculous!!