Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   Happy New Year to you, too.

Minestrone is so easy...uses up all you veggies that look "iffy". I use V-8 juice and chicken stock (vegetable stock if you want) for the soup part. Simmer on low for an hour and SOUP!

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

"Back in the day"!  There were a lot of Eve's where I went to several different party type celebrations. Driving/Smoking and celebrating.

Over the years I did the same, minus the smoking. Over different decades I stuck to 1 celebration with no smoking and no drinking. When I retired at age 52, my life focus was more on my physical Wellness and fitness. With that as a priority, my celebrations gradually diminished.

When my wife is home on the Eve, we do bring in the New Year, but with no set celebratory plan. She may have an alcoholic drink, I settle for a glass of milk or a mug of my Folgers Instant Joe! 

That's my life and I love, love, love it!  WHEE!          🎶🎵🎶🎵

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

We always went out with the same group of friends. On the way home we had a flat tire. Drove into the nearest police station. The guys went to get it fixed. We sat as you walk in. police men and other men walked by. I said to my friend you know what we look like don't you?? She immediately got up and went to look for DH.

Trusted Contributor

Just picked up Chinese takeout.  Gonna play Mexican Train dominoes with the neighbors...DW

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Luvsmyfam 

"Back in the day"!  There were a lot of Eve's where I went to several different party type celebrations. Driving/Smoking and celebrating.

Over the years I did the same, minus the smoking. Over different decades I stuck to 1 celebration with no smoking and no drinking. When I retired at age 52, my life focus was more on my physical Wellness and fitness. With that as a priority, my celebrations gradually diminished.

When my wife is home on the Eve, we do bring in the New Year, but with no set celebratory plan. She may have an alcoholic drink, I settle for a glass of milk or a mug of my Folgers Instant Joe! 

That's my life and I love, love, love it!  WHEE!          🎶🎵🎶🎵

hckynut 

happy new year, john and cindy.....wish you much health and happiness always....