Honored Contributor

We used to go out for dinner with some close friends since college, but they barely come out since covid.

After dinner we would go to one of our homes for drinks and a cheese ball or something.  Not very exciting, but DH loved it.

I forgot to block off New Years day so I'm working.  We're celebrating with our family the next day with the traditional meal.

Honored Contributor

Growing up it was just another night and day in my world.   My husband and I are not party people and never started a yearly tradition.

For 16 years I worked New Years Eve in a hospital and was indirectly involved in caring for the patients brought in from fights, fires, shootings, stabbings, overdoses, wrecks, and other emergencies connected to "celebrating" the holiday.  

I am quite content to embrace the comfort, peace, and quiet of my home.  The most excitement here on NYE is when my trashy trailer neighbor boys get carried away with fireworks and set something on fire on their property.   As usual, I'll go out on the porch to watch that, again.   

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Work

@bikerbabe  hope your night will not be too busy.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus minestrone soup sounds so good.that is 1 soup I have never made.happy new year!

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam I will keep my usual schedule and turn in before the big drop at midnight.  I stay home and pray we all can be blessed with a healthy and hopeful year!

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols yes,let's hope upcoming year is better than this year

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi ...  a few years ago we went to Pasadena, California to see the Rose Parade on New Year's Day and shocked when we heard gunfire ...  never heard of gunfire for New Year !!  To each his own !!

Regular Contributor

Re: New years eve

[ Edited ]

We're staying home, spending NYE on the couch with our pets, nothing fancy. Just us in our comfy-cozy clothes, watching TV/movies and probably some QVC too!!

Very, very grateful & blessed this year!

Happy 2022 to everyone! Heart Heart:

Honored Contributor

@Pantsonfire2 

It's crazy they do the same here (shooting off guns) and they sell fireworks on every corner, including food stores.

Its all nite starting at dusk and continues all night.

I feel bad for those & animals who live near these "crazy" people.

We can hear it but it's not in our Community, thank goodness we are few miles away from park & residential areas.

Happy New Year🥳🥳

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1  Same here, fireworks all night until 3am, I'm in a single family neigborhood right in the midst of it all.

I used to love NYE., have a date with a handsome guy, put on a slinky dress and heels and those NYE type earrings.  Go out to a fancy restaurant and then to a club, champagne at midnight.  Dance the night away.

Then I met and married my DH who hates everything about NYE, has refused to go out every year for 23 years and is in bed at 10P.   At least I have good memories.