Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone. The harp is just beautiful. Alicedee, yes in Chicago. The Lyon & Healy Harp Company celebrated 150 years in business in 2014, and I was there with a friend going to all the celebratory concerts and receptions. It was great. They  are the premier pedal harp builder in the US. This harp was made in 1957 there, and it is still going strong. 

My friend who owned the harp is doing well, but she just can't play anymore, and I feel bad for her about that. But she wanted the harp to go to someone who would love it, and I DO love it. We are making sure the harp, and my friend are well cared for. 

Respected Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

Thank you everyone. The harp is just beautiful. Alicedee, yes in Chicago. The Lyon & Healy Harp Company celebrated 150 years in business in 2014, and I was there with a friend going to all the celebratory concerts and receptions. It was great. They  are the premier pedal harp builder in the US. This harp was made in 1957 there, and it is still going strong. 

My friend who owned the harp is doing well, but she just can't play anymore, and I feel bad for her about that. But she wanted the harp to go to someone who would love it, and I DO love it. We are making sure the harp, and my friend are well cared for. 

What a wonderful friend you are!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!  I'd love to hear harp music floating over our mountains........

See the source image

Valued Contributor

So about a month ago I took the harp to a harp technician in Akron, OH. I was kind of afraid to take a road trip right now, but I did it safely. The harp needs a little TLC, and the harp technician knows how to gild. He is going to install a gold crown, refinish the wooden part so it looks like new and put gold leaf on portions of it. It's going to take a couple months......I can't wait to see it again. Smiley Happy

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.