Respected Contributor

Re: New pair of jeans..zipper will not stay up

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Get a small rubber band.  Attach it to the hole in the zipper pull, and create a loop of the other end.  Zip up.  Hook the loop over the button on the waist band.  It will keep up your zipper, and be easy to remove when nature calls.

I saw a variation on this on Pinterest. Take one of those key rings dealerships use when you take your car in for service. Run it through the hole in the zipper tab, loop it around the button on the waistband, then button your jeans as usual. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

New Jeans?  I would sure return or exchange. I finally donated a pair of jeans I have had a few years that the zipper wouldnt stay up, didnt happen while new though but after a few years. Finally got tired of wearing them and having to rezip thru the day!  OHH I just read they were past the return time on Evine, I would call them and see if they can make an exception. If not I would get a new zipper installed!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden - loop a rubberband through the hole in the zipper tab and then put the other end around the button when you pull the zipper up.

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Get a small rubber band.  Attach it to the hole in the zipper pull, and create a loop of the other end.  Zip up.  Hook the loop over the button on the waist band.  It will keep up your zipper, and be easy to remove when nature calls.

I saw a variation on this on Pinterest. Take one of those key rings dealerships use when you take your car in for service. Run it through the hole in the zipper tab, loop it around the button on the waistband, then button your jeans as usual. 

@Eileen in Virginia  

I think this will work!  I had a small ring from a dog tag I saved....it fits over  the metal jean button PERFECTLY.  I can not wait to try it out!  🙂