Super Contributor

I wasn't sure where to post this or if I should.  My youngest daughter who had always been told she could not have children had her baby this evening.  16 hours of labor turned into a c section this evening.  My daughter has rheumatoid arthritis so decided to go off her meds, when she found out she was pregnant, to see if she could have this beautiful child.  A little girl.  Mom and daughter are fine.

Honored Contributor

Re: New grandbaby

[ Edited ]

@lilypadfrog 

Congrats!!! 🎉🎉What exciting news being a grandmother is the best!

Glad to hear mom & her sweet baby girl are doing fine! 🧸🎈B8A43796-F1ED-441E-AD1D-ED000FAA78E5.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: New grandbaby

[ Edited ]

Holy moley, that's some outstanding news to share!

Sorry her labor was so long, but if they're both doing fine, it's genuinely a great result.

Any names chosen yet?

Denise
Respected Contributor

Congratulations! Your daughter is a brave girl. I am sure you will both enjoy her. 

Respected Contributor

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. It’s important to  balance so much sad news with such joy 🙂.

Super Contributor

Her name is Ada Elizabeth.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!  How exciting, I bet daughter is on Cloud 9.  Now someone quick get her her pills.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Congratulations! Glad they're doing well. Have fun being a grandma!

Why would the doctor tell her she can never have children when she obviously did? I hear that a lot with women.....doctors telling them they can't have kids for one reason or another, then months or years later, they have a healthy baby/babies. I guess it's one of the mysteries of the human body.

Super Contributor

I think when a young woman tries to get pregnant for 15+ years a doctor will automatically say that pregnancy is not going to happen.  Somehow she was blessed and managed to have a beautiful child.  Even so, because if her age, late 30's, it was considered a geriatric pregnancy so she stopped her medication.  Her fingers are curled from the rheumatoid arthritis but she is hoping that once she is back on her meds, she will be able to really spread her hands / fingers so she can truly hold and touch her child.

Esteemed Contributor

@lilypadfrog ...Congratulations to mother and grandma on the birth of a beautiful baby girl.  Hoping your daughter's fingers and hands will improve enough to hold  and cuddle Ada Elizabeth.  Incidentally, her middle name Elizabeth is the same as my first name, which is beautiful.   Thank you for sharing this exciting news with us.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam