Honored Contributor

Re: New Year, New Bird's Nest (January 2019)

Great Egret

Honored Contributor

In animal symbolism & Shamanic studies, seeing a fox encourages us to think outside of the box and use our intelligence in different, creative ways. The fox also brings us a message to try to approach our circumstances differently that we normally would. Be aware of some of our habits, and try a different angle of action.

I don't know why, but I had one heck of a time getting the picture of the owl and fox in different coloration's to post.  I had to put another picture with it to get it to be 'accepted'  and that was even using 3 different tabs trying to post the same picture on the same threads.  Don't know why that happens.   Sometimes I have to put in a picture I didn't plan on posting then go back and edit it out just to get the one I wanted to be posted.  

This site is so slow, that molasses in January could outrun it by a mile.  I don't think it's my computer, as it works well on other sites.  The Q selling part moves along pretty good.  Guess they don't care about the Forums so much. 

Honored Contributor

oh @possummink   I am so saddened to read that Monet/Monie is missing in action.  You know her habits best so if you think she's crossed the Rainbow Bridge then it is probably so.

She lived her life on her own terms and her life was made so much more livable with the food and shelter that you and your brother provided for her.

She knew she mattered and she knew she was loved Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

oh @possummink   I am so saddened to read that Monet/Monie is missing in action.  You know her habits best so if you think she's crossed the Rainbow Bridge then it is probably so.

She lived her life on her own terms and her life was made so much more livable with the food and shelter that you and your brother provided for her.

She knew she mattered and she knew she was loved Heart

Thank you,  Bernie.   She did matter and was wanted and that's what is important to me too.   She was so funny when she would walk along with me,  as she 'bounced' ,  I don't know how else to describe it,Cat Very Happy She kind of moved up and down in a rythmic way,  so I called it bouncing and called her Bouncy now and then.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Male and Female Cardinal birds on snowman

Honored Contributor

@possummink  I'm so sorry to read about Monet/Monie being missing.  I hope she passed peacefully if that's what happened.  It sounds like you did the best you could for her.  Do you have a picture you can post of her and Dovey?

I have a 20 month old cat named Henry and a 7 year old french bulldog named Frankie.  They are everything to me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Possum, I am so sorry to read about your kitty. Unfortunately this does happen on occasion and so very sad when you cannot find them. often they know better than we do when it is time to head over that bridge.

Getting cold here tonight!

Honored Contributor

Tortoise shell cat cross stitch pattern, tortie pattern, cat cross stitch, counted cross stitch, cro

Thank you so much for the kind and sweet words about Monie. Heart  This is not her, but very close to what she looks like.  Very rich coloring.   

I have pictures of her,  not very good, but will try to find them,  make a pin and post one.  

I don't have a picture of Dovey yet, but will see if he'll stop and let me get a nice one of him.   My brother calls him Dorell, because of the purring chirps Dovey makes a lot of the time.  He answers more to Dovey, because I started feeding him as soon as I was aware of him coming for food.  He's really a beautiful cat and if I was sure he wasn't someone elses cat,  I'd trap him and have him fixed and then try to make him an indoor only kitty.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting the picture of the cat that resembles what Monie looks like.  I've always thought calico cats were beautiful.  @possummink

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@possummink  Wow, when you mentioned Monie in the past this is how I envisioned that she looked.

About Dovey - are they big on 'chipping' cats out there in your part of the country?  If not....lol....my vote is watch him for awhile and then make him yours Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise