Respected Contributor

Re: New Year, New Bird's Nest (January 2019)

Such cute pictures of the Scottie - I know I keep saying they are beautiful, etc but it is so very true.

Another freezing morning here and we had drizzle off and on during the night - only adds to the cold. Am going to try and shampoo my carpets. Not sure how much I can do but am so embarrassed at hos they look. YEP, GOT MY CARPET CLEANER BACK. No offers of help however. LOL. 

I did go out late yesterday right before the drizzle started and filled the bird feeders. Hope they were happy for a while. Always wonder where they hide in the rain as I never see them in the trees around here or anywhere.

Could not sleep much, well I did get a few hours in, but have been on my own since 2 a.m. Do not like that. I know I get up normally around 4 or 5, but 2 is just way too early.

Hope all have a great day! Stay warm!!!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Here in Africa we do Christmas a little differently and our Santa tends to come in all shapes, sizes and forms. Here are 5 very merry Santas we found around Africa!

Honored Contributor

John Steinbeck Winter Quote Stretched Canvas by KimberosePhotography | Society6

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Its Monday Have A Blessed New Week monday good morning happy monday good morning monday cute monday quotes winter monday quotes

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

HPhotographic Print: Flying Hummingbird at a Strelitzia Flower by Henner Damke : 24x18in

Hi Birding Friends,   We are having off and on sun/clouds and chilly temperatures.   It rained overnight and into the morning hours.   A north breeze made it uncomfortable as heck when I went outside to feed the kitty,  Dovey.  He's a tom and is a dove gray swirly patterned kitty.  Beautiful boy who just visits and sometimes stays around but other times disappears for a day or so. 

My old old kitty,  Monet/Monie,  has disappeared.   I haven't seen her for 9 days now and guess she went over the Rainbow Bridge to Heaven.   She was so standoffish for many years and I could hardly ever pet her up until about 3 years ago and that was a head pat when she was eating.  She got a lot friendier the past two years allowing me to pet her back and give her some scratches.   I would love to have made her an inside cat, but she'd have none of that.  I bought the big Igloo house for her and other kitties I had, but she was the last of my feral family.  I am guessing she was about 16 -18 years, maybe more.   

She got to where she'd sit on the back steps and when she heard me coming  we started 'talking'.  She was a sweetheart but distant for so long.  She was always near me when I was outside and now I miss that so much.  My little shadow isn't here anymore and not knowing what happened to her is so sad.  She is missed, loved and was wanted and that's the important thing.  She did have a good life and on her terms.  HeartCat Sad

Honored Contributor