Super Contributor

Do you ever do anything when you move into a new place to get rid of any bad vibes or bad energy or spirits?

Im going to be moving soon and heard that someone might have possibly died there.  It has me

wondering if I should do anything to rid the place of the bad stuff that might linger or the heavy feeling in it??

Honored Contributor

@OhioAngel  Forget about it, move in and be happy.  I grew up in a house where someone had committed suicide in the kitchen.  I didn't know it for many years, but nothing seemed amiss to any of us!  

Just be happy and don't dwell on it! 

Respected Contributor

When we moved in to a brand new house years ago, I had many things from when we lived over seas...artifacts and antiques. Someone from one of the villages told me that negative spirits can inhabit items such as the ones I collected.

The day they were delivered to my new home, I experienced that night, creepy feelings that give me the shakes thinking about it even now.

The next day I took everything to The flea market and sold it, and donated what didn’t sell. I considered getting the house blessed, but After that I never again experienced any of those awful eerie feelings.

Honored Contributor

Tradition is to burn sage in every room to cleanse the area.  After that, if you don't mind your neighbors watching, sprinkle salt around your house for protection.  

Don't bother asking me how I know this.  Good Luck and have a happy move into your new place.  

Honored Contributor

Re: New Place Vibes

[ Edited ]

Sage it.

Honored Contributor

I'm with @Laura14 and @phoenixbrd  As a matter of fact Amazon sells sage smudge sticks and smudge kits.

If you are a praying person and get the jeebs from smudging the place with sage, then pray in each room that anything left over go in peace.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I work with a young man who teaches Anthropology and he swears by sage. In fact, when troubled, difficult person left my work suite, he offered to sage. And for the past 3 years I've loved my new suite mate. Whatever works! 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

Yes, sage smoke... and sea salt.

Also, sage yourself.

peace ~

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

Are you serious?  You think because somebody died in the house, there is bad energy?  Two people have died in my house; I'd better get in touch with ghost busters.  I find that whole idea riduculous.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Guess I have watched too many ghost hunters type shows.

I just dont want bad energy or some restless spirit.