Honored Contributor

Re: New Budweiser Clydesdale Baby!

@Jk9wrote:

I got to see the clydesdales in the late 1980's. You were allowed to visit their stalls while they were on tour. I got to pet a magnificent nose and never got over the experience of seeing that huge head with big soft eyes within inches of my face. I was absolutely smitten and still am. Thanks for posting @ECBG.

@Jk9So beautiful.  I grew up with a strawberry rhone that was 18 hands high.  I rode him on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Image result for strawberry rhone horse

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the link.  They are gorgeous and I so miss their commercials.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty  Have you ever had the momentous opportunity to see these majestic animals up close and personal? It is an absolute MUST if you ever have the chance.

Clydesdales are such larger than life animals, massive, strong, muscular, gentle giants. There's a budweiser brewery here where I live. Sometimes the 'Dales are here in town, many times at the Ohio State Fair. DH and I went a cople of times just to hang in the Ag building and mostly to visit with the team of horses. DH's name is Bob, there was a Clydesdale there named Bob too. We chuckled all the while in awe of this beauty. Standing next to them, we were like midgets!!!! 

This clip is newsworthy and gives interesting info on the raising of these beauties.

Thanks so much for sharing this video @ECBG!

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many foals are born there each year?

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG - Thank you for sharing the link! I just love these majestic animals. The baby is just too cute.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Precious baby!! 💗 Thanks for sharing the link @ECBG. We are and always have been, very much a horse family. 

The only time time I ever got to see Clydesdales in person, was at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA when visiting with friends. Way back in the late '90s. 

Majestic, gentle giants! 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD

I saw them once.  Idk if they were from Budweiser, they were local.   In Gilroy, CA. the Garlic Capital of the World, they used to have a parade the day before Festival, called the Doo-doo Derby.. Lol. They would place bets on the Clydesdales poo spots, lol.  It was a mess for the group who put ot on, but it  was so much fun.  Like everything at the Gilroy Garlic festivities it all went to charity.  The streets are small town, so we got close to the horses!!!!  Not only were they beautiful and totally majestic, but those guys are huge!!  You can't  imagine how big they are until seen in person. The sound of their hoofs on the street was magical music!  I think also the doo doo derby was stopped because the owner said it was stressful on a couple of his horses.  Huge crowds, small streets, uelling....that sort of thing.  My granddaughter who is now,29, was a toddler at the time.  She oowed and awwed.  It was a sight to see for sure!

Esteemed Contributor

Awe....THanks for sharing....

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty  Oh what a beautiful and FUN memory! Thanks so much for sharing! You are so right, these babies are HUGE when we stand next to them, kind of intimidating too.

Your fest sounds like it was a good one and I love that it was all charity too. I can fully understand the horses getting antsy among the crowds too. It's all about the animals.