Honored Contributor

Re: Neighbors adult children

[ Edited ]

I understand; I'm a quiet and courteous person myself.

But these days, it's not at all safety-smart to cause conflict with or confront anyone.

Behavioral issues in children and animals are caused by cr@ppy adult humans.

Empathy is key in it stressing you out less.

"Sh*ht happens" in life and noisy neighbors are are just one example.

You just have to deal; focus on positivity and your daily blessings.

Honored Contributor

@dex...that is the way our neighborhood used to be, but people move, new neighbors come in....and not the best, it's not like they are horrible peope but really don't consider other neighbors when making noise.   My dh are origina owners of our home..we have lived in this neighborhood the longest.

One family way down the street had a HUGE dump truck of dirt hauled in and dumped in their yard - 3 years ago....just this year they raked the dirt thru their yard, only because the city was called several times and they were told they had to clean it up...so they did but did not plant grass seed, sigh.

I long to move, but don't know if that will ever happen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

I understand that you are annoyed but they aren't doing anything out of the ordinary.  They are just living their lives.  Try to keep things in perspective and don't overreact.

@chrystaltree...I would say 6:30 am on a weekend day is a tad early, and I did not overreaact...I vented.  I have not spoken with the neighbor and most likely will not........

Respected Contributor

My neighbors play music non-stop, 24/7 and I can feel the vibrations coming from their car radio when they pull up.  Another neighbor and I discussed this one day, but we both agree that we want to keep the peace.  She gets it worse since she is right next door.They are a nice family.  It's a cultural thing and I can say that bc I have relatives from that country. 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom....our neighbor on one side is a nice family with 2 boys, one of the boys does the same thing, one day the wall clock chimed because it was vibrating so much!  He does not do it often. 

When my step daughter lived with us we came one one day music blaring, we were not happy as she had been told about keeping the noise (radio in those days)  down.....I know, she was just a teenager but it was important to us to be a good neighbor.

Honored Contributor

There's not much you can do.  Talk with them or call the cops each time they are loud.  

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

I totally understand, but these days it's not at all safety-smart to cause conflict with or confront anyone, even anonymously.

Behavioral issues in children and animals are caused by cr@ppy adult humans.

Empathy is key in it stressing you out less.

"Sh*ht happens", and noisy neighbors are are just one of life's frustrations.

You just deal - focus on positivity and your daily blessings.

I'm tired of "dealing" with people.  At this stage of my life, 67, I make everyone accountable for their actions.  

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry this is happening to you.  I understand.  I haven't had the same situation but have had many irritating situations with neighbors over the years.  One neighbor had a beautiful Siberian Husky that they kept in their back yard and never paid any attention to.  They had a little boy, but he would play in the front yard instead of playing with his dog in the back.  They only had a 4 ft. fence, and the dog would get out.  Eventually they kept the dog chained up 24/7.  I called animal control (I think that's who I called), and they said there was nothing they could do as long as the dog had food and water.  I was so happy when they moved. I was hoping they would give the dog to a rescue, but instead they tried to give it away to someone in the neighborhood.  When that didn't work they took it to the humane society, who told them it would probably be put to sleep.  I think they ended up taking it with them.  I hate to say this, but I think some fates are worse than death, and that was the case with this dog.  I probably would have suggested to this neighbor to take the dog to a rescue, but there was a language barrier and I couldn't understand them.  I debated about writing them a letter with the name of a rescue and phone # and am sorry now that I didn't do that.

The next neighbors that I had were a couple that frequently had loud fights that I could hear.  I had another neighbor that kept her dog outside, and he barked all hours of the day and night.  The last two neighbors that I've had have been good.  I have new neighbors now, and I hope they stay a while.

I never said anything to any of my neighbors, so I can't advise you on that.  I feel for you though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I understand that you are annoyed but they aren't doing anything out of the ordinary.  They are just living their lives.  Try to keep things in perspective and don't overreact.

I thought it was just me.  I don't see anything awful about these neighbors.

In the first example, they have a lot of kids and grandkids.  That's not a crime.  And they have every right to sit in their front yard no matter how nice their backyard is. 

Happily living in a neighborhood means that we need to develop a certain tolerance for our neighbors, just as they should have tolerance for us.  I agree that the majority of the OP's complaints are an over-reaction.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

You can't be the only neighbors the two households accross the street are annoying. Have you spoken to any of them? Perhaps a polite letter listing the things that are so annoying with a bit of humor would help. I'm thinking it never occured to the son his car door alarm was annoying to the neighbors.

As to the pool heater, I would send a register letter to the offenders and if the issue wasn't resolved, I'd record it the noise and take them to small claims court. 

The car beeping seems as though it was a one-time thing.  And it wasn't an alarm - just the "door open" sound.  Hardly worth writing a letter about. 

Nothing the OP said sounds awful to me.  The only issue I might talk to the neighbors about - and not in a letter - would be the dog being off-leash.