Esteemed Contributor

Re: Neighbor's Dogs Got Loose

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

😯 Bless her heart! I cannot imagine the terror, and pain she and the Good Samaritan experienced. I am sending healing prayers for them, and hope their injuries are only minor. My thoughts are also about those poor puppies that will most likely be motherless while this is sorted out🤨. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Beautiful post.

She is posting about 1 year olds.  Apparently, they haven't been loved and properly trained.

I hope they get the owner.  It started there.

@ECBG  That really breaks my heart. You're right, that owner should be held accountable!.🙁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I really want people to know that every dog can be trained to charge and attack.

Pit bulls are very loyal and want to please their owners. So if they have a bad owner ,like any other dog they will try to follow and even more if they are beaten and abused.

German shepherds, labs, even little dogs can hurt.

I felt like you all when my son said he was getting a pit bull! I thought why? And I too was afraid of them form all the bad reputation.

But he was the sweetest most loving dog you ever would meet and everyone, strangers and all said so too. He was so happy to see everyone and he would play to match the animal. With our cat he would just sway back and forth. 

Then he became scared of the cat! 

She was so mean but he just would look up at grandma (me) and wait for me to go with him to pass her.

I had to pull a little dog off his neck outside that wouldn't let go but still he did not retaliate.

The other 2 pitbulls he got became a family of his 3 "children.

Everyone in my family said we all were so fortunate to have had the best dogs in the world. Losing especially the oldest one was the hardest thing any of us have gone through, even harder than losing my father, their grandfather.

So please don't become predjudice.

I could think the owners should be put down who treat any animal without the utmost respect and love!

I don't consider them human anymore.

And yes, people should stop leaving any dog outside by themselves and never allow them to run out for their own protection and anyones.

I hope the people are okay too.

I was attacked by a german shepherd. It took me a year going to an orthopaedist and surgery to get over that. His owner was renting a house in the same lot and we found out that this dog had previously guarded his storage building in a bad neighborhood. And the owner of the house was not supposed to rent.

It took me awhile not to be afraid of german shepherds because of this one dog. They used to be one of my favorites when growing upHeart because of Rin Tin Tin.

Anyway, you see? It can happen with any dog and any owner.

I wish you could have met ours. You would have fallen in love too and really understood how incredible these dogs can be and how loving!

Can I get an Amen all pitty lovers out there?!HeartI will say it! Amen!

and thank you my loving granddogs now in heaven.

You are correct. Amen!😀

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

😯 Bless her heart! I cannot imagine the terror, and pain she and the Good Samaritan experienced. I am sending healing prayers for them, and hope their injuries are only minor. My thoughts are also about those poor puppies that will most likely be motherless while this is sorted out🤨. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Beautiful post.

She is posting about 1 year olds.  Apparently, they haven't been loved and properly trained.

I hope they get the owner.  It started there.

@ECBG  That really breaks my heart. You're right, that owner should be held accountable!.🙁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

The sad thing is the dogs will probably have to pay with their lives. It really makes me sad when incidents like this occur. 

Honored Contributor

I had a neighbor who let their pit run loose.  My dog would not even go out or stay out if that dog was out.  My dog sensed something.  Many people in the neighborhood called the police and animal control.  It took forever to get the neighbor to put that dog on a chain.  And they have a 2 year old as well.   That was a neighbor I was pleased to see move.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

These brothers who live there are from Mexico City and don't understand ordinances and city rules.  They think they're picked on when they get reported for infraction.  Unfortunately, this will cost them plenty.

@Scooby Doo 

Where they are from makes no difference to me. Laws are made for "everyone" that is in our country and MUST follow the laws of their communities.

I feel sorry for the ones that were attacked, and also for the dogs involved. Like people, some dogs can just be "evil" regardless of their owners. Pit Bulls and Rottweilers are a the top of the "most dangerous list". Some communities require special types of insurance to even own one.

The one's attacked should sue the owners, and I am not 1 that likes law suits. In certain situations, money and even jail time, is what it takes to give some humans a "wake up call".

I have been bitten by 2 dogs in my lifetime, neither of which was a Pit Bull or Rottweiler. Hopefully those bitten don't go through the ordeal I went through when 1 of our "sweetest cats" bit me. Now that was quite a time for me. Yes, that sweet guy, right now is laying on my arm.   

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Even small dogs can bite. I was bit in the ankle while walking by a house from a little Terrier and drew blood. Animal Control was called so did it several times to a number of people. 

It is scary no matter what kind of dog. Insurance for risky dogs is higher. I had an Aunt denied Home Insurance due to a dog fight in her yard and someone got bit. She was elderly when it happened but  occured in her yard so got sued.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf wrote:

Even small dogs can bite. I was bit in the ankle while walking by a house from a little Terrier and drew blood. Animal Control was called so did it several times to a number of people. 

It is scary no matter what kind of dog. Insurance for risky dogs is higher. I had an Aunt denied Home Insurance due to a dog fight in her yard and someone got bit. She was elderly when it happened but  occured in her yard so got sued.

@Gorgf 

This terrier bit "so did it several times to a number of people"!  Have no idea where you live, but in our County, if any dog bites "anyone" more than 1 time, or different people?  That dog is taken from the owner by Animal Control.

The Owner(s) either find another home for the dog, or the dog is put down. To me? The owner gets off easy, maybe with a fine. The dog however ends up in a "strange place to them, or dies". 

People that do not have their dogs under their control, at all times, deserve to be the ones punished. That's how I feel about it and it's a shame people get away with this nonsense. If you want a dog as your pet, take good care of them, PERIOD!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

I was walking my senior rescue (13 year-old Corgie Jack Russell mix) a few months ago, and a neighbor's Frenchie escaped their backyard, and proceeded to attack my dog!  Jumping on her, biting her legs....we couldn't get away, the dog kept following us down the block towards my house!  The Frenchie kept following us and jumping to bite my dog.  It wasn't until the owner realized, after 15 minutes, that her dog wasn't in the yard that it all stopped.  Moral of the story - it doesn't have to be a pit bull or pit bull mix to attack!  

Respected Contributor

@hckynut  Thank you , but this was several years ago that this happened. I think the multiple incident happened on the same day. I continued my walk and on the way home saw the Animal Control van and talked to her along with others affected.

Some years later a neighbor pitbull mix attacked my gentle lab. I was walking and mine was leashed I could not get the dog to release even kicking it while my dog cried in pain.Horrible and I was screaming   for help but no one around. Punture wounds.  I reported it  immediately and was blown off.   Town Constable said  later the  dog was friendly when he visited and dogs  were JUST playing and was  just a young  Boxer, a lie.  Neighbor  kids told me it was a Pitbull mix. I burst into tears and told him to look at my Dog`s neck.  Then he told me to write up a report which I did, but nothing happened as a only a lowly  dog who was bit, I guess. I did see they were  fineally fined  on another occasion  for Dog at Large. 

Again irresponsible dog owners period. Small  town jerk mentality in my community ,what can I say? 

Honored Contributor

This is very surprising to me, as I have never heard of an American bull dog with a vicious nature.  

However I think all dogs have the ability to just go off over the least little thing.