Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

While not quite the same thing, I am in the process of getting a trail cam.  I have a neighbor who allows this dog to relieve himself on my car.  Nothing can be done unless you have proof.  With photos there is no denying the act.

@CrazyDaisy  Our neighbor next door called the police & told them our dog was using their yard. The police came out to tell DH the neighbor complained about our dog using their yard & DH said well her cat keeps peeing in our flower garden so nothing will grow so I call it even steven & the cop started laughing. She kept her cat out of our yard & we kept our dog out of her yard after that.

Honored Contributor

I would call the Police and ask them what can be done, if anything.  They sound like disgusting people.   HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

While not quite the same thing, I am in the process of getting a trail cam.  I have a neighbor who allows this dog to relieve himself on my car.  Nothing can be done unless you have proof.  With photos there is no denying the act.

@CrazyDaisy  Our neighbor next door called the police & told them our dog was using their yard. The police came out to tell DH the neighbor complained about our dog using their yard & DH said well her cat keeps peeing in our flower garden so nothing will grow so I call it even steven & the cop started laughing. She kept her cat out of our yard & we kept our dog out of her yard after that.

Well this really isn't a ****** for tat situation.  It is against the lease and grounds for eviction.  I would never let my dog go on a person car or property it is just rude

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@StraytoStay....I really feel bad for you and don't really know what to tell you other than to call the police and ask to speak to a Community Service officer or Code Enforcement again. 

Long story, but I lived next door to similar neighbors, peeing, junk, parking cars on the lawn, barking dogs, the whole nine yards. Plus they were drug dealers. I can't tell you how many times I called the police. Not much was done about it until I sent an anonymous letter to the police dept. Eventually most of the activity was curtailed, but it was a battle, let me tell you. No one should have to deal with neighbors like that. Good luck. I hope you find a solution.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

I would report it to the police and then it will be on record along with all the other complaints against them and maybe they will finally do somethig about them. Some people just don't know how to live in a neighborhood and respect other people. It is sad but true.

Esteemed Contributor

I can only hope that with photos and video local law enforcement really takes these neighbor battles seriously.  Someone could get hurt if they nonchalant these situations.  The stories posted here remind me as to why every time contemplate leaving the hubba bub of a noisy highrise in noisy Chicago downtown for the calm and quite of a suburban or rural area in a single family home, I change my mind and stay.  

Sadly for people stuck in the investment of a home you can't hand pick the neighbors.  I might have to go ghetto (as in loud and feisty) if rude neighbors allowed their cats to invade my garden (I have a cat phobia and a distain for rude behavior).  

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay Might be best for you to ignore them unless you have a large group of neighbors to join you with a complaint.I don't think it would be safe for you to tackle that on your own.

Honored Contributor

Re: Neighbor problems

[ Edited ]

We live in a small plan with 140 homes and over 100 dogs!! The yards are very small and they all walk the dogs instead of taking them in their own yards.My DH has taken many photos of neighbors dogs peeing on our car or golfcart, or in the middle of the yard or on our newly painted house. He sends them to the HOA - nothing is done. We have decided to move.

Many years ago when I lived in an apartment my neighbor was outside with his little son and they were peeing on a tree in the yard.I asked him what he was doing and he said he was teaching his son to pee outside. Go figure. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 Yes when you are outnumbered it's best to move.Too many pet owners in that subdivision for you to get any support.

Honored Contributor

Many of the original owners have moved - many reasons - and it seems everyone who moves in has a dog. Not all the dog owners are nuisance though - but there are more than enough.