Contributor

Need some good vibes, please :)

It's Friday and that's awesome!  But I need some help making it a better day, please.

A brand new dress from HSN with grommets left *rust* marks all over the dress and a white top. 
My boyfriend tossed an Isaac sweater in the laundry (wash AND dry) and now it's too small to wear. 
The Slinky top that looked *super cute* online (HSN) is actually a weird fabric that's tissue paper thin and has to go back. 

AND I broke my "cheap and cheerful" thong flip-flop sandals I picked up from clearance this Spring. 
UGH!!!

clearly, I'm hormonal Cat Wink

Regular Contributor

Re: Need some good vibes, please :)

I can relate. I'm sorry you're feeling icky! Don't you just hate it when the things we attempt to do and buy to make our lives easier end up complicating things!? LOL

Let's put on some music, dress in something super comfortable, take a deep breath, and remind ourselves there is no "right" way to do things. The only thing to do is take it one step at a time as a journey rather than comparing our path to some unrealistic standard. Enjoy the company of others along the way.

Contributor

Thank you, appleseed!  How very sweet of you Heart

Trusted Contributor

Well, maybe you could dye the dress and blouse a darker color, donate the sweater to someone smaller that could really use it, wear a tank under the thin top and use the flip flop incident as a good excuse to buy a very cute new pair.  Also, remind yourself that in the scheme of things these are minor irritating problems.

Honored Contributor

Aw, Ms LillyAnne, I feel your pain on most of your issues and to boot on a FRIDAY!!! 

I know especially how you feel on your boyfriend trying to help you out with the laundry.  Years ago my husband did the same thing with a cashmere button down sweater that was my Mom's.  I was out of the house that day, he decided to do both his and my laundry.  Why I have no idea.  Anyway, he tossed it in the washer AND the dryer.  It literally came out Barbie Doll sized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  After I totally freaked I broke down and cried.  It was a true treasure from from Mother, it was part of her wardrobe.

From that day forward, I don't touch his laundry and he does not touch mine.  Took a LOT for me to get over that one but I did.

And as someone else here said, yes, all of your mishaps today are all a bummer, but don't dwell on them too long. 

You're alive and well today.  Be joyful that these are things that you CAN get over.  Be griped for a minute but no longer. 

I hope you have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

@3CatMom  This is to cheer you up today... hope things go better from this point on today!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

LillyAnne........So sorry that you have had nothing but wardrobe malfunctions today.  Hugs go out to you.  Sounds like the problem was the manufacturer and significant other, not you (or your hormones).  Don't take the blame!!

Maybe it's best to step away from the closet and maybe have a large glass of wine (just don't spill it if it is a red variety), LOL!

Contributor

Aww!!  Thank you so very much for all your kind words!  
@luv-the-Q@PINKdogWOOD@LTT1, and @jpie...you helped make it a much better morning.  A glass of wine is definitely in my future Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Lilly - love your avatar.

These things usually come in threes, unfortunately for you it came in fours.  Hopefully this is the end of it and better days are ahead :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@3CatMom, that sounds good and when I get home I'm having a glass of wine in your honor!