Respected Contributor

I always kept a couple of comfortable pants with pockets and tops. Those are what I put on when outside mowing, or doing yard work in the dirt, and for inside doing heavy duty cleaning, painting, or messy crafts.

Super Contributor

Donate them, as you don't want to think 'Oh well, if I put on weight again, I won't have to buy new clothes'!!  

Honored Contributor

@crazered wrote:

I have lost some weight and now wear a smaller size.  
I can't decide what to do with my larger size clothes.

do I keep or donate? 

@crazered 

Congratulations.  I don't know the reason for your weight loss but my advice would be to keep the clothes.  I wish I had done that.  I lose and gain and give away and wish I had them back.  Because I am on steroids and then more steroids and more and more steroids, and then not on steroids, I have a problem with wearing several sizes.  I wish I would keep and not buy any more.  DON'T give away.  KEEP.  When they go out of style, give away.

Honored Contributor

I would keep some of them......just in case one leaves the smaller sizes in the dryer too long (as I have done) causing extreme shrinkage. 

Also, it wouldn't hurt to try leaving a few of the 'somewhat/slightly' larger (not overly larger) jeans in the dryer longer than necessary.  Just to see what happens.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).